Director, Corporate Compliance and Ethics
Law and Government Affairs
September 9, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Director, Corporate Compliance and Ethics will be reporting to the Deputy General Counsel and Head of Corporate Compliance and Ethics, and partnering with other members of the legal team, the Director of Corporate Compliance and Ethics will design and implement enhancements to the corporate compliance and ethics program and will provide education regarding, promote awareness of, and ensure adherence to the Code of Conduct and related policies, procedures, and guidelines.
The position will be based in Campbell’s World Headquarters in Camden, New Jersey, and this individual will be a member of the Campbell Legal Department. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively with numerous clients in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment.
- Administer the corporate compliance and ethics program on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintain the Code of Conduct and corporate and ethics policies and procedures.
- Work alongside employees and company leadership to maintain and further develop throughout the organization a strong culture of ethics and compliance, including personal accountability at all levels in the organization, with a spirit of partnership and positive problem solving.
- Evaluate issues and respond to questions about application of the Code and related policies and procedures.
- Prepare and deliver compliance training and education to all employees to ensure understanding of employee responsibilities and ethics and compliance issues, as well as related policies and procedures. Increase awareness of the program throughout the organization.
- Maintain working knowledge of current and emerging laws, regulations and trends with respect to anti-bribery, anti-corruption and trade controls, and revise and update the COC and other policies and procedures, from time to time as may be appropriate, with any substantive revisions subject to the appropriate approvals.
- Create, publish, maintain, and interpret such additional policies and procedures as may be appropriate to fully implement the provisions of the Code or to otherwise meet the requirements of applicable statutes, regulations, business customs, or ethical standards.
- Assist in audit activities relative to Code provisions and related policies and procedures.
- Facilitate, track, and assist, where appropriate, in investigations of reports to Integrity Hotline.
- Assist in implementation and execution of risk based third party due diligence.
- Assist in risk assessment activities.
- Assist in the development of a policy on policies and related procedures and work across the organization to socialize and implement the policy.
- Create, maintain, and evaluate appropriate reporting related to the corporate compliance and ethics program.
- Stay apprised of best practices, trends and developments in corporate compliance and ethics.
- Work closely with the in-house legal team and business partners to best manage risk and proactively avoid issues.
- Support organization-wide legal and compliance projects and initiatives, as necessary.
- Provide support on additional matters as needed and directed by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 8-10 years of relevant experience required; ethics and compliance (or a mix of compliance and legal) experience preferred; experience in a publicly-traded company a plus.
- Able to thrive in a proactive ethical culture in which compliance and business objectives are mutually reinforcing; strong motivation and ability to champion a comprehensive compliance program that is integrated well with the Company’s business and culture
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be creative, exercise good judgment, and be a quick decision maker and self-starter.
- Demonstrated team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact effectively and efficiently with business partners on a daily basis and operate with limited supervision.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.