QA Group Manager -Field Quality
November 9, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Lead and manage the entire range of Quality programs at multiple plants, as defined in the C-Snacks and CSC North American Quality Policies. Position has specific compliance, process, and consumer quality responsibilities. Position will manage a set of matrix relationships within Quality, Operations and R&D, to influence senior management on alignment of Quality strategies, Quality annual objectives, and plant project plans. Individual will coordinate and deploy Quality Assurance programs across C-Snacks plants, and functional areas, and influence plant leadership with quality best practices.
1) Strong Partnership & linkage with manufacturing plants, PD, and Operations on new product commercialization, Product Quality improvement & enabler programs.
2) Facilitation & Technical Lead for the analysis of consumer trends and data, consumer complaint programs, sales inquiries, outline comprehensive plans, product reviews and competitive benchmarking to improve Consumer Satisfaction.
3) Facilitate and drive key Quality programs, internal and external audit requirements, manage, create product quality programs assuring adherence to Design and Execution.
5) Provide insight and support in the development, implementation and ongoing tracking of appropriate Quality performance KPI’s.
6) Provide direction & support to plant and corporate Quality and project teams.
7) Influence management to ensure alignment of quality strategies, annual objectives, and project plans
• Develop, drive, and continually improve a comprehensive quality program as defined by the C-Snacks and CSC North American Quality Policies at multiple manufacturing facilties
• Expert abilities and decision quality in Food Safety, Regulatory, and Quality Systems and their application within food processing. Facilitate and/or direct resolution to issues as it relates to food safety and quality.
• Drive process improvement initiatives through coordination with departments (Supply Chain, Maintenance, R&D, Engineering)
• Record of leadership and demonstrated success in collaborative development, documentation, planning, and implementation and continuous improvement of quality systems.
• Manage & drive consumer complaint improvement programs and initiatives.
• Trouble shooting quality issues across the supply chains for ingredients, packaging, materials, processes and finished products.
• Engage other business unit quality in development and standardization of Quality policies, procedures, data templates, audit standards, and Quality Key Performance Indicators.
• Ensures plant personnel are technically capable of handling non-routine quality system issues and that issues are investigated, documented, and resolved.
• Prepare quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Drive organizational alignment on Quality objectives with an enterprise-wide mindset, and adapt structures, processes, and systems to achieve objectives.
• Stay abreast of product quality through product reviews and quality assurance program, working with Business QA and PD
• Other duties as assigned
BS Food Science Degree or related Science degree
Minimum of 10-15 food industry quality plant/systems experience with demonstrated achievement in Quality leadership.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Assertive, yet collaborative. Demonstrated skills influencing components of the company, tough-mindedness, vision, and political savvy to manage internally and externally.
• Dedicated work habits, takes initiative, sets high standards
• Ability to manage, coach and develop people, talent and skills.
• Ability to demonstrate & execute against leadership behaviors.
• Strong business partnering and relationship management skills
Located in Camden, NJ, Charlotte, NC or remotely
50-60 % travel
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.