Marketing Specialist – Plant-Based Beverages
November 9, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
A natural foods pioneer, Pacific Foods has been dedicated to making nourishing foods from simple, organic ingredients for over three decades. With our focus on time-honored recipes, careful sourcing of high-quality ingredients as local as possible, sustainable practices to ensure kinder treatment to animals and planet, and a dedication to supporting the local community and schools, Pacific Foods has remained true to its mission to Nourish Every Body®. The current product portfolio consists of Soups, Broths, and Plant-Based Beverages.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for providing support to the Pacific Foods Brand Marketing team to grow the product portfolio through data analysis, forecasting, and brand project support.
- Track and analyze business performance, trends, competitive activities.
- Collaborate with demand planning team to develop production forecasts.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities through consumer insights and marketplace analytics.
- Perform promotion and pricing analyses and make recommendations to the Brand Manager.
- Setup, implement, and measure performance of marketing programs.
- Manage marketing budget tracker, code invoices, reconcile and communicate program changes to finance department.
- Support the planning and execution of marketing activities including consumer advertising, sampling, packaging, consumer promotions, new product launches, collateral development and communication with cross-functional teams.
- Assist team on qualitative and quantitative research projects.
- Represent key customer needs and expectations.
- As an employee of a food manufacturing facility you are responsible for ensuring food safety and quality by reporting any concerns to the quality assurance department.
- Other duties as assigned
This position is not supervisory in nature.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Frequent use of independent judgment skills, analytical/problem solving and teamwork.
- Strong attention to details and the ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Expert knowledge of analytical tools and the ability to process and identify opportunities by sourcing all available internal and external data.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and change directions quickly.
- Proven ability to effectively work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing (or related field) or equivalent experience required.
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with Microsoft products.
- Passion for natural foods. Consumer marketing experience, preferably in the food industry.
- Experience with POS databases (i.e. IRI, Nielsen, SPINS).
- Work is performed during the day in an office environment and involves the extensive use of the telephone, computer and other office equipment.
- Up to 10% overnight travel may be required on an annual basis.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.