Senior Brand Manager, Beverages
November 6, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Sr Brand Manager, Beverage is responsible for developing and implementing category strategy to achieve the Net Sales and EBIT objectives. The role is focused on long term demand creation, innovation and brand equity. This role includes a heavy focus on leading direct reports and cross-functional partners in the development & delivery of a compelling Beverage Innovation Pipeline, with responsibility for up-stream platform identification, consumer shaping & validation, down-stream commercialization and go-to-market launch planning for key initiatives. The leader in this role is also responsible for managing and developing marketing talent, including coaching and developing direct reports. He/she is a member the Beverage & Baby Category Team.
• Develops marketing strategy to help achieve category objectives for growth of market share, net sales and EBIT.
• Partners on the development and translation of strategic consumer insights into meaningful and actionable plans.
• Creates a pipeline of new products for the Beverage category that is sufficient to achieve strategic plan targets for net sales from new products.
Brand Equity Management
• Owns the equity of V8 and Campbell's Tomato juice brands and sub-brands including V8 +Energy, V8 Splash, V8 +Hydrate.
• Develops and evolves brand pyramids. Responsible for equity stewardship and long-term brand health.
• Develops brand vision as an outcome of the strategic planning process.
• Creates Master Communication Briefs (MCB).
• Ensures consistent expression of brand equity in all aspects of brand behavior including communications and new products.
• Leads the development and sets direction for the 3-year category Strategic Plan.
• Participates as the marketing lead in the monthly Portfolio Management Review.
• Partners with R&D to allocate resources to the highest priority projects.
• Develops and curates the long-term innovation pipeline ("4-2-1-1")
• Develops new multi-year innovation platforms and manages through launch.
• Responsible for product lifecycle management for the category.
• Partners closely with the Disruptive Innovation team to ensure strategic fit/integration for new category platforms and commercialization approach.
• Member of the Beverage & Baby Category Team, led by the Vice President of Beverage & Baby Category
• Significant and frequent interaction with Chief Marketing Officer, and other members of the US Leadership team through regular meetings to shape a large and complex innovation pipeline.
• Manages and develops the beverage and baby brand strategy team, including coaching and developing two to three direct reports.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• MBA preferred
• Minimum 8-10 years of product/brand marketing experience.
• Food/beverage experience preferred. Must include innovation experience.
• Health / wellbeing experience a plus. Does not need to be in food
• People leadership experience required
Occasional, limited travel in North America
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.