Financial Analyst / Audit Associate
October 9, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
This Finance role is an entry-level position designed to introduce the candidate into Campbell’s Finance organization through one of several Finance functions. The individual will assume a role within the Campbell Finance organization. We are looking to fill several entry-level positions within the Finance organization.
The Financial Analyst is a Finance specialist who reports to the Manager, FP&A. Primary responsibilities include financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, accounting activities and financial reporting. The Financial Analyst will be a strong value-added business partner to Corporate, Division Finance Teams and Functional counterparts.
The Audit Associate is an Auditor who reports to the Manager, Corporate Audit. Primary responsibilities include reviewing internal controls throughout Campbell’s operations, identifying control concerns and making recommendations for improving controls and operational efficiency. The candidate will be tasked with understanding basic accounting principles and being able to apply them to their audit engagements.
* Work with Finance leads and cross-functional business partners to provide meaningful and accurate financial analysis and support to Campbell business units.
* Organize data for analysis, draw appropriate conclusions, provide reporting and develop direction and course corrective action plans.
* Identify needs and determine appropriate means of continuous improvement of financial / business processes.
* Expect to travel approximately 0 – 5%, for other job-related activities.
* Member of an audit/process review team (2-5 people) whose responsibilities are to:
o Perform risk assessments;
o Analyze financial and/or operational data to assess the adequacy/effectiveness/efficiency of business processes and to identify trends and root causes of business issues;
o Make observations for improvement and provide meaningful insights; and
o Collaborate with the business to drive actions that really matter and are specific, measurable and realistic.
* Participate in the development of new audit processes and ongoing process improvements, including leveraging technology to gain efficiencies and maximize audit scopes.
* Provide progressive and creative input that will drive greater efficiency and add value to the audit process.
* Establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team and across the business.
* Proactively seek feedback from the business to understand the concerns and challenges they face and continually refine our process to meet those needs.
* Develop personal training plans to remain current on industry trends, technical pronouncements, etc.
* Reports to the Audit In-Charge Senior and Audit Team Lead on each engagement and administratively reports to an Audit Manager.
* Expect to travel approximately 15 – 20%, domestically to Campbell locations throughout North America.
* Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred
* Minimum GPA 3.0 required
* Basic understanding and experience with financial accounting, balance sheet / P&L statement and budgeting activities
* Strong decision-making skills, integrity, organization, leadership skills, ability to multi-task, drive alignment, detail oriented, fiscally responsible and attention to accuracy
* Strong communication, documentation and client interface skills
* Excellent Microsoft Office and financial systems skills
* Highly motivated individual interested in working in a team-oriented environment
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.