Manager, Procurement Ingredients
October 9, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Manager Procurement – Ingredients position is responsible for the overall procurement of Agricultural Ingredients (Frozen and Dehydrated Vegetables) as assigned for all Campbell locations globally with an annual spend valued at over $60MM. The individual will be responsible for planning, formulating, guiding, driving and monitoring implementation of category management strategies for assigned ingredients, through all supply chains and Campbell locations, ensuring quality of materials, competitive pricing, and adherence to company policies. The individual will be expected to deliver Procurement’s financial and process goals and objectives while driving strategic alignment and developing strong partnerships with our internal business unit’s leadership and strategic external partners.
Strong leadership on both developing and implementing the strategic direction of the portfolio, in addition, to influencing skills both cross functionally and regionally are essential for this position. This person will be responsible for working closely with the cross-functional teams to manage and implement all projects across the network. They will be responsible for coordinating all sourcing and contracting directly, and indirectly through the Ingredient category leads and the Brand, R&D, Innovation, Quality, Operation, and Supply Chain teams.
- Source, build, and manage a global network of raw material suppliers that are available to meet the business needs.
- Development of category strategies for all areas of responsibility
- Act as the Global Procurement representative in dealing with Senior Management, key internal stakeholders, Campbell’s business units, and external suppliers and growers related to assigned categories
- Collaborate with Business Unit’s leadership and functional partners on strategy development for innovation, productivity, quality, service and continuous improvement of the global category
- Manage assigned project plans and work with cross-functional teams to manage and track deliverable from inception to launch, including but not limited to managing the approval process for new suppliers and ingredients
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers, driving optimized value through strategic relationship management program
- Coordinate with all internal stakeholders to identify proper risk mitigation strategies for ingredients
- Support all SRM initiatives with supplier and growers, and all product and platform launches to support the ‘Real Food’ corporate strategy and ‘What’s In My Food’ transparency programs
- Development of category management strategies to support Total Procurement Value (TPV) and promote value engineering analyses to support ongoing performance improvement and cost reduction that results in tangible benefits
- Ensure consistent and accurate cost saving tracking to support the Procurement goals
- Support leaders from Marketing, Operations, Finance, Quality Assurance, etc. for concept development, designing new programs, discussing product options, providing market education, etc. related to assigned category responsibilities
- Ensure quality of service, competitive pricing, adherence to company policies, procurement processes and endeavors related to the operation of a proactive and strategic Global Procurement Business Unit
- Ensure a deep understanding of supply markets and drivers for key areas – e.g. agriculture markets, currency, exports, weather and global economic factors
- Establish strong working relationships with strategic partners to optimize value creation for all parties
- Partner with the Campbell’s Global Strategic Sourcing team to develop and support the sourcing calendar and manage all RFx opportunities for ingredient material supply.
- Maintain systems and processes to support the day-to-day business.
- Assist in developing and actively promoting Campbell’s Supplier Diversity Strategy
- Must have the ability to interact with team members at all levels in the organization, as well as senior leadership across multiple functions. The individual must have the ability influence the direction of the business and align and engage resources that are outside their area of responsibility.
- Must demonstrate strategic thought leadership in moving Procurement strategies forward with respect to assigned categories
- Partner with cross functional partners such as R&D, Treasury, Finance, Supply Chain and Marketing across multiple business units
- Must be able to identify problems, generate options and recommendations for business partners
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity and be comfortable in an work environment with much change
- Partner with R&D, Supply Chain and Marketing to develop, evaluate and implement programs/projects at a sustainable and competitive cost in support of Total Procurement Value objectives
- Develop and actively promote Campbell’s Diversity and Sustainability strategies
- Ability to work with and manage individuals remotely and as assigned
- Bachelor Degree, desired MBA
- Minimum of 8 years of procurement and/or related supply chain/CPG industry experience required, specifically Ingredient procurement a plus
- Excellent managerial and project management skills.
- Ability to apply the 7 steps of strategic sourcing model.
- Good negotiating skills and the ability to create new and cultivate existing relations.
- Good knowledge of Excel and Power Point
- Ability to work independently and with a proactive approach.
- Ability to interact at all organizational levels, domestic and international.
- Manages large, complex, or multiple projects effectively.
- Strong analytical skills, research background, process development and continuous improvement.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Persuasive and influential skills to bring to life new ideas in terms of SRM and process improvement
- Proficient communication, decision making, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Normal corporate office environment.
- Business Travel within North America – 30%. Travel to Canada as required.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.