Senior Manager, Business Analytics
October 9, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Manager, Business Analytics will have the following responsibilities: 1) Manage the overall analytics program for the C-Snacks business with direct accountability to the C-Snacks leadership team; 2) Lead analytic initiatives supporting Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and Corporate Reporting to facilitate insights and drive actionability; and 3) Apply his/her analytics mastery to connect the business community and the IT Business Intelligence Services, Data Science and Reporting Factory to collect, clarify, prioritize, and translate business requirements into solutions that deliver insights and actionable recommendations to drive disproportionate value to the Campbell’s business.
The incumbent is also expected to deliver hands-on analyses, becoming an innovation source for scale analytics development, he/she needs to have a strong science and/or analytical background, knowledge of the CPG business, commercial processes, advance statistics, leadership presence and engagement. The incumbent must possess ability to articulate complex analytics in practical terms to business partners to facilitate adoption and execution. Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence others are crucial.
1. Partner with C-Snacks stakeholders to identify areas where Business Intelligence and Analytics can bring disruptive value
2. Executive presence and accountability to the C-Snacks Leadership Team to deliver analytics priorities
3. Integrated Business Planning and Corporate Reporting to deliver analytics that support commercial business processes and drive decision making
4. Work jointly with IT Data & Analytics’ Business Intelligence Services, Data Science and Reporting Factory on analytics to deliver ROI
5. Effectively manage vendors to provide elastic capacity to meet business analytics priorities / needs
6. Create meaningful data visualizations to communicate findings to generate buy-in and business impact
7. Bias for automation to maximize productivity, proactively identify pockets of analytical work that could be accelerated, augmented or replaced by automation.
8. Responsible for ongoing end user enablement and sustainability programs with respect to data and analytics, including delivering training and maintaining knowledge repositories to drive more effective use of information assets. The incumbent will assist in establishing Power Users / Networks/Communities of Practice within C-Snacks and across Divisions for IBP and Corporate Reporting.
* CSC has a multitude of rich data assets; the challenge is that in many cases they are highly federated and there isn’t alignment on one-version-of-the-truth. The incumbent will need to capitalize on his/her technical
mastery to align on KPIs, the 80/20, automation to deliver both analytics at-scale and the right level of actionability to monetize insights.
* Another challenge is balancing the need to consolidated reporting vs. the delivery of more advance analytics, this will require a close partnership with our data partners such as IRI and internal partners such as CSC
Central BI Services, Data Science and Report Factory to facilitate automation while demonstrating to leadership the power of analytics in order to keep "elevating" the analytical deliverables beyond operational reporting.
Minimum education required: B.S. or B.A. required in a science or business related degree such as but not limited to computer science, engineering, marketing, economics, statistics, or other related fields
Education desired: Master’s degree in Analytics or related field
Years of relevant experience:
* 8+ years of specific Commercial Analytics experience required. Experience supporting information systems in that domain preferred. experience:
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
* 4+ years of experience training all levels of functional business stakeholders on business intelligence technologies required. Experience with MicroStrategy preferred; Other visualization tools such as Tableau or Click desirable.
* Ability to test hypothesis and select statistical methods to deliver actionable insights – Solid Statistical knowledge is a must
* Solid visualization and UX design skills preferred.
* Solid knowledge of data warehousing design theory preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively with functional business customers at all organizational levels.
Normal office environment
Travel < 25%
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.