Corporate Audit Team Lead
October 7, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Function of the Campbell Corporate Audit Department
Our purpose is to deliver high quality audit work that creates value and really makes a difference to our stakeholders.
Our talent is highly sought after by the business. We are committed to helping our professionals build and refine their financial, data analysis and leadership skills through continuous training and new experiences. All of our professionals gain valuable exposure to senior management and the financial, operational, compliance and IT processes at Campbell. This allows them to build a strong network and ultimately transition into their next role within the organization.
The Corporate Audit Department works proactively with the business to identify the risks and challenges facing the Company. Our audit plan is dynamic and it evolves throughout the year to ensure we are delivering results that make the biggest impact. We strive to be perceived as valuable business partners that provide meaningful insights and solutions not just information and recommendations. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit processes, including leveraging new technology.
Our value-added engagements include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews of end-to-end business processes;
- Targeted financial, operational and compliance and IT audits;
- System pre- and post- implementation reviews;
- Internal investigations and fraud reviews;
- Sharing ‘best practice’ ideas among the various Campbell functions/businesses; and
- Closing balance sheet/internal control reviews of newly acquired businesses.
We are specifically looking for a candidate that has audit (internal and/or public accounting), IT, or business experience. We are seeking a full-time ambassador and champion of our purpose by demonstrating support and actively communicating within the team and across the business.
Lead an audit team (generally 2-5 people). Responsibilities are to:
- Oversee audits by:
- Managing the day-to-day work of the audit team;
- Reviewing all work performed by the team members and providing timely feedback;
- Providing Audit Managers with timely updates of work performed, audit results and key insights;
- Leading meetings with management to communicate observations and collaborate on action items;
- Owning the process of drafting the audit report throughout the audit; and
- Owning the process of ensuring that action items are closed on time.
- Execute individual work on audits. This could include, but is not limited to:
- Analyzing data to assess systems and/or business processes;
- Identifying trends and root causes of audit observations;
- Making observations for control and/or process improvements;
- Documenting the results of work performed in real time;
- Providing meaningful insights to stakeholders; and
- Collaborating with the business to drive actions that really matter and are specific, measurable and realistic.
- Develop more junior staff through meaningful on-the-job training and constructive feedback.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of our audit approach, including leveraging technology (i.e. data analysis tools) to gain efficiencies and maximize audit scopes.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team and across the business.
- Seek feedback from the business to understand the concerns and challenges they face and continually refine our process to meet those needs.
- Remain current on Company and industry trends.
- Must be willing to travel up to 15% of the year both domestically and internationally.
- Participate in the recruiting and onboarding of new members of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree required in accounting, finance, economics, information sciences and technology, management information systems, or other related field preferred. We will also consider any undergraduate major with an MBA degree.
- 5-8 years of experience required, preferably with 1-2 years of supervisory experience, in some combination of internal audit, public accounting, or a business operational/financial role.
- Candidates with CPA designations are preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to focus on what really matters.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills that demonstrate an ability to speak the language of the business not just ‘audit speak’.
- Ability to be persuasive and defend complex positions effectively.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Leadership skills as shown in the ability to positively influence others and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- High standard of ethics and professionalism.
- ‘Big 4’, large, or regional firm experience preferred
- Experience with performing risk assessments.
- Experience with project management.
- Strong GAAP knowledge.
- Manufacturing or consumer products/food industry experience.
- Fraud auditing and investigation.
- Strong understanding of basic information technologies.
- Experience with any of the following technologies, applications and audit software a plus:
- IDEA (or other data analytics tools)
- CISA, CIA, CFE, or other professional certification a plus
Will report to the Audit Managers on each engagement and administratively.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.