Quality Assurance Manager
September 11, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Lead and manage the entire range of Food Safety and Quality programs, as defined in the Pepperidge Farm Quality Policies and CSC North American Quality Policies. Position has specific compliance, process, and consumer quality responsibilities. Position will manage a matrix relationship with Plant Manager to influence senior management on alignment of Quality strategies, Quality annual objectives, and Plant project plans. Individual will coordinate and deploy Quality Assurance programs across the site, and functional areas, and influence plant leadership with quality best practices.
- Develop, drive, and continually improve a comprehensive food safety and quality program as defined by the Pepperidge Farm QPM and CSC North American Quality Policies. (Compliance Quality)
- Drive process improvement initiatives through staff, work group, Pepperidge Farm Quality staff, and R&D (Process/Food Quality)
- Manage & Drive Consumer Complaint programs, initiatives, and consumer delight models for each business.
- Manage department and team by establishing goals, objectives, individual development plans and coaching.
- Support plant programs across Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
* Response to new or changes in regulations on specifications, procedures, quality, and implications where utilized in a range of finished product.
* Trouble shooting quality issues across the varied supply chains for ingredients, packaging, materials, and finished products supplied (examples; mixed labels, allergen risk management, equipment risk management, container nonconformance).
* Minimum BS Food Science (or related degree), and a minimum 5-7 years of food industry quality plant/systems experience with demonstrated achievement in Quality leadership.
* Expert abilities and decision quality in Food Safety, Regulatory, and Quality Systems and their application within food processing. Facilitate and/or direct resolution to issues as it relates to food safety and quality.
* Expert knowledge in Sanitation and GMP Practices, familiarity with Pest Control programs and techniques
* Knowledge of Quality Standards, and Quality Policies, with skills and ability to execute against requirements.
* Knowledge and general business acumen to support and influence Manufacturing, including best practices and innovative technologies.
* Knowledgeable in industry Food Safety/Quality audit practices, and skilled in adapting to achieve business best practices.
* Capable of engaging other business units in the development and standardization of: Quality manuals, policies, procedures, and data templates, audit standards and procedures, and Quality Key Performance Indicators.
* Knowledgeable in Statistical Process Control programs and Process capability studies.
* Ensures plant personnel are technically capable of handling non-routine quality system issues and that issues are investigated, documented, and resolved.
* Record of leadership and demonstrated success in collaborative development, documentation, planning, and implementation and continuous improvement of quality systems.
* Ability to drive facility leadership alignment on Quality objectives with an enterprise-wide mindset, and the adaptation of structure, processes, and systems to achieve objectives.
* Capable of influencing development steps used in the Innovation and Commercialization process to leverage Design in achieving consumer safety and quality objectives
* Assertive, outspoken, yet collaborative. Demonstrated skills influencing components of the company, tough-mindedness, vision, and political savvy to manage internal and external relationships and situations.
* Dedicated work habits, takes initiative, sets high standards
* Knowledgeable and capable of collaboration on quality programs; drives improvement of consumer-based specifications.
* Awareness of Continuous Improvement tools.
* Ability to manage, coach, and develop people, talent, and skills needed for the job.
* Ability to demonstrate and execute against the Campbell leadership model
* Desired certifications: PCQI, HACCP, GFSI (SQF)
Travel is estimated at 5%-10%.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.