September 10, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Take the opportunity to work with one of America’s best-loved and well-recognized brand icons. With annual sales exceeding $1 billion, eight manufacturing facilities across the country, and 5,000 employees committed to excellence, Pepperidge Farm® makes careers rise like fresh bread in a hot oven.
We are the nation’s quality and good-taste leader in premium baked goods, from crunchy Goldfish® crackers to decadent Milano cookies, from savory Swirl breads to zesty Texas Toast.
The Depot Manager serves as the critical link between Pepperidge Farm Sales and the independent Distributors. Responsible for day-to-day Depot operations, while enhancing Distributor relations and providing thorough communications with Pepperidge Farm Sales team.
* Audit, adjust and break-down daily load shipments.
* Distribute & bill product to SDAs based on their daily orders.
* Issue stale/unsaleable credit to Distributors in accordance with company policy.
* Account for/balance all daily shipments.
* Manage Depot expenses, particularly utility expenses, to control costs and adhere to budget.
Product Inventory Management
* Order and maintain adequate supply of dry product inventory.
* Maintain sufficient POS inventory at all times to support promotional activity.
* Distribute and bill dry inventory to SDAs.
* Count and balance all inventory on a daily basis to ensure proper inventory levels. Properly and fairly allocate shortages and overages to SDAs.
* Organize and stage dry inventory for easy distribution and accountability. Rotate dry product to maintain fresh inventory, eliminating losses.
* Achieve the 237 Inventory Accountability objectives.
* Track dollies to ensure minimal losses, in accordance with Dollie Management Program guidelines.
District Sales Manager & Sales Distributor Support
* Create a positive environment in Depot at load times to support the engagement levels for our SDAs.
* Stage Product by SDA order, as detailed on Hand-Held computer scroll.
* Print and communicate all SDA billings and reports via Depot HHC (daily/weekly).
* Provide accurate and consistent billing information for SDAs.
* Assist with customer or retailer service issues.
* Arrive at Depot on time to ensure timely support is provided to SDAs.
* Maintain a safe, clean depot at all times, both inside and outside the depot. Display proper signage at all times (safety and employment related).
* Keep depot free of clutter and trip hazards from all working areas.
* Product must be stored 4 inches off the floor and 18 inches away from the wall.
* Keep all equipment in proper working condition.
* Check fire extinguishers annually to ensure proper working order. Replace if needed.
* Maintain proper light and fix or replace any electrical source.
* Provide proper first aid and blood clean-up kit.
* Adhere to and follow all safety procedures and processes as outlined by Pepperidge Farm Safety Coordinator and OSHA to ensure minimal accidents and/or injuries
* Maintain sanitation standards as outlined in CPOESAN an OSHA Compliance reports.
* Maintain consistent communication with DSMs and SDAs regarding upcoming promotional events and displays to aid in the ordering process.
* Maintain communication with DSMs regarding cuts, shorts and product quality concerns.
* Communicate business, product, POS and promotional activities to SDAs in a timely manner.
* Communicate SDA(s) information, questions and concerns to the management team in a timely manner.
* Report any depot repair work needed and arrange for the work to be done in a timely manner.
* Report any plant service or transportation issues (late trucks, product cuts, etc.).
1 – 2 years Warehouse management preferred
High School Diploma required
College Degree preferred
Enjoys working with and interacting with people
Able to and enjoys early work hours, as early as 12:00 a.m. (or sometimes evening work hours)
Reliable and organized
Attention to detail
Able to work with numbers/interpret reports
Strong communication skills
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.