Controller – Manager – Manufacturing Site Financial Lead
September 10, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Site Financial lead directs and manages all financial functions for the local manufacturing site. Partnering with site leadership, the finance lead will have ownership for site product costs, variance analytics, enabler delivery, working capital improvements, and quarterly projections. This position will lead annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, analyzing efficiency variances, and financial performance reviews.
The successful candidate must be able to work effectively within the supply chain matrix and across multiple geographies or divisions. The candidate will be expected to partner with operations, finance, procurement, and plant support departments.
Maintain adequate system of internal controls and ensure general ledger accounts are accurately stated. Ensure the delivery of the site financial commitments including Net Sales, EBIT, Enabler attainment, and Working Capital. Collaborate with local management to create, implement, and execute corrective action plans for unfavorable variances. Partner with site leadership to develop sustainable capital, enabler, and continuous improvement plans. Provide understanding regarding monthly financial results and complete cost projections with detailed insight into variances. Use a data driven approach to develop labor efficiency, bottleneck, and cost reduction studies. Lead enabler process end to end for Manufacturing and Indirect Spend including:
- Detailed GAP analyses
- Pipeline ideation partnering with operational counterparts to deliver AOP targets
- Development of savings (methodology, approach for tracking/actualizing results)
- Lead monthly "working session" with ops team to manage performance YTD/YTG and mitigate risk.
Mentor and provide financial leadership to site salaried leaders and hourly associates. Be a proactive leader for the sites capital management and develop analyses for project justification. Complete any ad hoc analyses supporting day to day operations.
- Drives strategic business analysis that includes short term and long term value creation.
- Partners with Supply Chain leadership to establish aggressive but realistic plant financial goals that are consistent with Corporate objectives
- Requires ability to communicate effectively business results with varying levels of the organization including shop-floor employees and senior management.
- Must be comfortable dealing with multiple agendas and driving decisions through influencing without authority
- Ability to manage multiple priorities. Timeline to action may be tight and require significant cross-functional coordination.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across multiple business functions.
- Proactively identify continuous improvement opportunities and demonstrate intellectual curiosity.
- Ensure financial processes are adhered to according CSC standards and best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree required – preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- 7-10 years of professional experience required, preferably in the CPG industry
- Understanding and experience with budgeting and forecasting processes
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities including prior financial modeling
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Access and Power Point
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
- Ability to work as part of a team and interface with others across all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of SAP and EPM a plus.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.