Customer Sales Lead – SoCal / Phoenix
Los Angeles, CA
August 13, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Customer Sales Lead will be responsible for selling headquarter accounts for customers that cross multiple sales regions. The territory can cover the entire country for the specific class of trade or call on customers that have locations across the entire country. The position will provide leadership to both internal and external customers. Sells directly to the accounts and will work with these high level customers through collaboration to achieve both company and the customer’s goals. Partners with the ASM’s and Brokers and works to gain placement of our products and achieve top line sales and profit goals. Gathers competitive information and reports back market trends to the company. Responsible for various headquarter calls as well as implementation of results at the operator location level.
*Ideal candidates for this position will reside in Southern California (Los Angeles, San Diego) or Phoenix, AZ*
Essential Job Duties
* Independently develops regional and national retailer programs with the review of the Director of Sale and VP of Sales.
* Partners on strategies, target markets, reports and analysis with sales teams.
* Presents and solidifies placement of all new products and new brands.
* Works hand-in-hand with sales leadership to ensure all promotional activity is financially sound for the company and assists in the overall growth of the organization.
* Develops and maintains solid relationships at assigned retailer headquarters, scheduling and reviewing past performance of all events, as well as strategically planning to grow year over year sales.
* Works with all National and Regional Brokers to outline sales objectives, as well as priorities per account to continue to drive revenue.
* Ability to drive revenue and maintain all budget spending levels per account.
* Meets and/or surpasses budgeted sales accounts for all accounts and manage all promotion programs and spending by account.
* Works with the Director of Sales to ensure all new chain authorizations are implemented at retail.
* Develops execution plans with the National and Regional Account Managers to maximize all events at store level.
* Provides leadership and performance management assistance to address performance gaps in sales execution.
* Proactively develops strategies to enhance execution of new product roll outs.
* Ability to educate, influence and partner with region teams in order to develop relationships at store level and maximize brand opportunities.
* Works with vendors to create dynamic partnership programs to drive business and revenue with each key account.
Scope of Responsibility
Works independently and makes decisions on the spot that significantly impacts the budget, company profitability and opportunity to retain valued customers. Responsible for achieving area goals based on Neilson measures as defined on a quarterly and annual basis. Decision making authority includes authorization for expenditures. Accountable for multi-million dollar annual sales volume. Decision making authority includes authorization for expenditures, budget preparation and management. Works independently and follows Company standard practices and procedures. Develops, plans, and implements new procedures and methods to achieve Company goals.
No supervisory responsibility.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
* Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills.
* The overall ability to set, pursue and attain achievable goals, regardless of obstacles or circumstances.
* Demonstrates high level of customer service, identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all internal and external customers.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
* Demonstrated experience and knowledge of business issues and revenue and profit impact beyond data collection and analytical knowledge.
* Exhibits confidence in self and others and inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; gives regular feedback and appropriate recognition to others; takes responsibility for direct reports activities.
* Strong analytical skills required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field highly desired and a minimum of 7 years of experience is required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior leadership experience is required. Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience preferred.
50-60% national travel to attend and present at select sales calls, company meetings and other events as necessary.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.