July 10, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Provide overall support to the Biscuit Business Unit (Cookies or Crackers) by providing Food Safety / Quality responsibilities as outlined further. Maintains the plant documentation systems, which includes the control of quality systems documents (policies, procedures, work instructions, records) and formulas (Optiva, SAP and floor formulas). Manages the food safety inspection and corrective/preventive action programs. Participate in the commercialization process for new products from special batch phase through new product launch. Investigates plant nonconforming product incidents and consumer complaints, conducting root cause analysis and leading corrective action efforts. Coordinates HACCP and food quality risk assessments and scheduled reviews. Provides quality training and awareness to plant employees.
Provide overall support to designated business unit as outlined below:
- Participate in Daily Direction Setting (DDS) meetings, own mtg action items, collaborate cross-functionally with mtg representation to improve key operational metrics (SPQDC).
- Manage documentation critical to quality systems, compliance and formulations.
- Participate in the commercialization process for new products.
- Lead food safety continuous improvement efforts (complaint reduction, program reassessments, data collection systems, training).
- Manage food safety inspection and corrective/preventive action programs.
Provide support to overall key Food Safety / Quality program efforts such as, SQF certification audits, internal GAP assessment audits, facility verification / validation activities, HACCP program, Raw Material Bulk Handling Systems, Food Security improvements, etc.
- Maintains the plant documentation systems, including the control of quality systems documents and programs (policies, procedures, work instructions, food safety and quality recordkeeping) and formulas (Optiva, SAP and floor formulas).
- Coordinates the plant internal audit / inspection activities and corrective action programs.
- Participates in the commercialization process for new products from special batch phase through new product launch.
- Oversees ingredients, packaging and finished product traceability and mock recall programs.
- Coordinates product showings, physical / chemical and analytical testing of ingredients and finished products. Reviews Food Safety and Quality data and provides input as required.
- Investigates vendor non-conformances, product holds, and consumer complaints as well as conducts root cause analysis and leads corrective action efforts.
- Maintain packaging suitability standards and ensure compliance to the program (roll stock books, approved graphics). Liaison for packaging related issues with roll stock, foil, bags cartons, and cases.
- Coordinates HACCP and food quality risk assessments, audits, and scheduled reviews.
- Reviews on-line quality tools, data and applications for plant data collection systems.
- Provides quality training and awareness to plant personnel.
- In the absence of the Quality Assurance Coordinator, the appropriate responsibilities will be shown utilizing the organizational chart to cover critical food safety responsibilities
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
4-year BS Degree in Science or related discipline is preferred, combination of education and work experience will be considered
Years of Experience: 0-4 years of QA food industry experience
- Practical knowledge and application of food safety principles (ex. Regulatory, HACCP, GMPs, SQF, Food microbiology, etc.)
- Strong technical acumen – ability to troubleshoot a problem, involve other stakeholders as necessary, and brainstorm potential root causes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with/to all organizational levels
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership abilities
- Effective abilities in organizing and deductive thinking
- Computer skills necessary, proficient with Microsoft Office
- Statistical background a plus
- Working knowledge and experience in Lean, Six Sigma, TPM process and tools
Demonstrated leadership that exemplifies the Campbell’s Leadership Model: Inspire Trust, Create Direction, Drive Decision Making, Build Talent and Culture, Execute with Excellence and Own Results
The working environment includes both office and plant floor settings. Exposure to industrial noise, forklift traffic, moving mechanical parts, and temperature extremes occurs in operating areas of the plant.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.