Senior Business Process Lead – Distribution Operations
July 10, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Sr Business Process Leader – Distribution Operations role is responsible for the leadership and ownership of warehousing and 3PL distribution process improvements, supporting and executing customer centric projects that will utilize the Campbell’s distribution network, while also focusing on fortifying network standard operations procedures for internal and 3PL lead sites. This position will also facilitate and lead cross-functional experts in identifying opportunities to reduce costs and improve service.
- Designing, developing, and implementing warehouse/distribution policies and programs consistent with the CPG industry while balancing Campbell’s site level capabilities. Examples include: Damages, reducing rework, validating site level equipment needs and driving solutions to meet customer expectations and opportunities.
- Identifying and activating optimization projects with emphasis on scalable solutions. Examples include: Density optimization, spotting reduction/yard management, direct off-line flow.
- Establishing and institutionalizing advanced analytics and metrics which represent the overall health of the ASMB warehouse/distribution network. Examples include: productivity metrics, service (OTL and CFR), shipping and storage capacity need identification, order lead time and case pick complexity.
- Developing tools and models which support the Sr. Manager of Distribution Ops, as well as, the warehouse and 3PL leadership teams to make informed decisions related to cost and/or service improvement opportunities.
- Root-cause issues related to on time shipping, damage, excessive OT and MHE costs, developing recommendation for improvement and lead implementation of process change.
- Effectively manage multiple cross-functional projects ensuring risks to timing/benefits are communicated to the appropriate levels.
- Support 3PL governance by partnering with 3PL General Managers, Supply Chain Planning, Transportation and Network Operations to address challenges that may impact service, cost or customer initiatives.
- Strong ability to take large amounts of data and cross functional inputs to create insights that spur action and improved performance results
- Continuous improvement mindset with an end-to-end mentality and ability to act as change agent
- Strong intellectual curiosity and knowledge of industry shifts and supply chain trends
- Consulting or project management skills a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; Supply Chain discipline preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience; Distribution operations or related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of order to cash processes and interdependencies.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex challenges.
- Ability to work effectively in multiple cross functional teams.
- Managerial presence, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, with a strong potential to be promoted to higher levels of responsibility.
- Mastery of business analytics and problem-solving skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel preferred.
- Lean six sigma capabilities preferred.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.