Brand Manager, Cookies
June 10, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Pepperidge Farm Cookies business is integral to the total Campbell Snacks organization.This role is responsible for leading the Holiday cookies portfolio, Pack format expansion and managing the day to day operations of our other Distinctive cookies portfolio that includes brands such as Chessmen & Brussels. Holiday is a key strategic drive window for the business and this role will be responsible for all key aspects of planning and execution of the holiday strategy. This role will also be responsible for building out the strategic roadmap and execution of pack formats across multiple channels, addressing the unique needs of these channels. Additionally, the role will be responsible for the day to day operations and innovation on the Other Distinctive cookies portfolio.
- Develop and execute annual brand marketing plans (consumer, trade, and advertising) in an effort to deliver or exceed stated volume objectives.
- Manage monthly volume forecasting process and provide key business/competitive/category insights to develop and execute sound action plan as needed.
- Work with consumer insights to unlock deeper consumer needs and identify white space opportunities and develop innovation pipeline for the business.
- Proven skills in leading integrated communication strategy working with key stakeholders within the organization as well as external agency partners.
- Lead the expansion of Pepperidge Farm pack formats across channels. Develop price-pack architecture principles, understand consumer needs, retailer strategies balanced with internal capabilities. Lead the commercialization of new pack formats closely working with cross-functional teams.
- Develop & Eexcute solid plans for delivering growth in the Holiday drive window for the total cookies business. Work closely with Sales operations, Supply chain, POS teams to align demand & supply needs.
- Partner with sales, sales operations, finance, integrated marketing, supply chain and other key cross-functional partners to deliver business results on the Other Distinctive cookies portfolio.
- Enterprise mindset.
- Strong general management skills, analytical abilities along with creative problem-solving mind-set
- Must be able to juggle and advance multiple priorities at once, in a timely fashion, with high-quality output across multiple functions in the organization.
- Able to manage ambiguity, and work in flexible environment, problem-solve complex business situations.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
- MBA Strongly Preferred
- Years of Relevant Experience: 3-5 years of traditional brand management experience; CPG retail experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong leadership, ability to set, communicate and drive strategy.
- Sound financial/analytical acumen, problem identification and resolution skills and creative/consumer insights abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to motivate and lead a diverse cross-functional team of professionals. including brand marketing, market research, finance, operations, R&D, sales and agencies.
Some travel required
The preceding job description has been designated to indicated the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.