June 7, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
This role manages financial risk assessment, terms compliance, AR reporting and analytics, collection functions and policy adherence for an assigned customer portfolio across multiple business units representing in excess of $400 million Account Receivables. The focus is to support and collaborate with sales teams to assist in reaching aggressive top line goals, while minimizing risk of loss to the corporate bottom line. This role will work directly with Customer’s financial leaders and supply chain groups to address financial and performance concern, resolve policies compliance and other disputes items and have a direct impact on the Accounts Receivable component of corporate working capital goals. Additionally, this role has responsibility for the governance and compliance of Campbell’s policies & procedures related to the Order to Cash (OTC) processes impacting Account Receivables. This role will be resolving critical business issues identified by the Collection, Supply Chain and Sales teams and drive performance on critical working capital goals. Through this work, this position will develop strong relationships and work cross-functionally with the North American Supply Chain organization, Business unit’s Sales and Finance teams, and Legal. Additional responsibilities include increasing efficiencies by researching process issues, identifying root causes and implementing process improvements to drive compliance to the corporate financial and supply chain policies.
- Responsible for financial risk assessment and daily order management of assigned customer portfolio, focusing on loss prevention for the Campbell North America accounts, which includes Campbell Sales Co, Canada, North America Food Service, Pepperidge Farm and Plum.
- Conducts required investigations and completes analysis of financial statements from prospective and existing customers including communication with their financial management and customer visit if needed.
- Evaluate financial data from different sources and, using financial/ratio analysis plus trade information, determine risk factors related to each customer
- Understand economic and industry environment to understand impact and mitigate risk
- Determines appropriate terms of sale and applicable credit lines based on results of above analysis.
- Approves portfolios’ customer orders, including making recommendations to management regarding interruption of shipments when appropriate.
- Maintain customer and credit masterdata hierarchy to ensure accurate reflect of credit exposures and audit compliance
- Manage customer portfolio to achieve targeted service levels (e.g. ADTP, DSO, bad debt write off).
- Ensure adherence to all credit and US bankruptcy regulations to mitigate Bankruptcy exposure.
- Execute the reporting and analytics requirements that support audit controls and the AR component of our working capital goals.
- Using SAP, EPM and Envision tools, provide quarterly, monthly and ad hoc reporting and analytics at a business unit, portfolio and customer level.
- Including but not limited to; preparing, collaborating and presenting the Annual Board Memo, Quarterly Balance Sheet Review, Industry benchmarking, Monthly SLA reporting, and AR SLAs and performance metrics
- Oversee collection activities and performance with the offshore team, on a multi-million dollar portfolio maintaining an accounts receivable percent current greater than 98.6%
- Analyze customer payment patterns and collaborate with appropriate teams to proactively identify obstacles and mitigate potential problems.
- Support and participate in the escalation process for invoice and UCD collections, leveraging relationships with customer and CNA teams
- Monitor economic environment daily to determine any negative effects within specified portfolios (Understand economic and industry environment)
- Proactively initiates EDI and EFT partnerships to drive efficiency and cash flow improvements and resolve related issues.
- Support reporting requirements from SAP and Envision tools to support portfolio performance on key metrics.
- Collaborates with Sales, Sale Finance, Supply Chain and Customer Service teams across all CNA business units to resolve disputes and drive efficiencies
- Support sales in reaching aggressive top-line goals and other initiatives that drive volume and efficiencies
- Determines customers eligibility to participate in special defined programs and communicates with sales and customers when customer needed
- Understand and enforce corporate and credit policies and procedures
- Participate in peer group meetings and other trade associations to develop and maintain a network providing best practices and industry insight.
- Develop creative solutions to continually improve upon credit and collection procedures.
- Develop and ensure implementation of specific project plans, policy and procedures and change management procedures
- Represent process areas on key projects teams that affect the department and provide appropriate support to modify the operational procedures.
- Support corporate projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preferred degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 years of experience required, knowledge of accounting methods and financial analysis with hands on experience analyzing financial statements including Balance Sheet, Income and Cash Flow statements and working knowledge of A/R and G/L transactional processes.
- Highly organized and professional to efficiently manage multiple projects/initiatives.
- Maintain professional relationship with internal and external key stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge SAP and MS/Excel with Envision experience a plus
- Strong communication & negotiation skills
- Ability to establish value added working relationships and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers
- Proven ability to analyze data and translate into actionable insights.
- Strong ability to manage independently through change and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to execute and deliver within diverse global cultures and resources
- Must be trust worthy with confidential information.
- Collection experience preferred
- Travel required as necessary
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.