Senior Packaging Engineer
Research and Development
May 15, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Senior Packaging Engineer will be responsible for the development and the implementation of packaging platforms for North American Foodservice and Growth Channels (E-Commerce, Club, Value, Drug and Convenience). This includes, primary, secondary and tertiary packaging and will require an understanding of multiple packaging materials and configurations. The role requires coordination, managing, and execution of multiple complex and multi-disciplined projects with minimal supervision. Responsibility requires working closely with cross functional team members to develop and launch new product/packaging solutions into the market as well as cost saving initiatives and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Identify, evaluate, and develop packaging components and systems to meet business, manufacturing, customer and consumer needs.
- Collaborate and lead with cross functional partners and Commercialization teams to drive projects forward by researching and developing packaging solutions to meet the consumer and customer’s needs.
- Manages and executes multiple simultaneous packaging projects while developing a working knowledge of technologies. This includes projects related to sustaining business base business, cost savings, continuous quality improvements, and innovation.
- Identifies and drive cost savings opportunities, looking both at individual component level as well as process improvements and manufacturing efficiency gains.
- Leverage and manage internal and external network to deliver solutions that meet the packaging requirements, product needs, and consumer experiences
- Creates and drives cross-functional partnerships to identify, evaluate, develop, and deliver packaging solutions that will meet our business unit strategy.
- Understanding the relationship between the package format, food / beverage processing method, manufacturing processes and product / packaging interaction.
- Creates collaborative and leadership relationships with Packaging team and cross functional partners; builds trust and partnerships with team members.
- Drives alignment with key project stakeholders on packaging development direction.
- Develops packaging component drawings and specifications, packaging BOM’s, finished goods packaging specifications and distribution specifications. Additionally, writes all Packaging Commercialization Documents used for testing and qualifying all packaging components at manufacturing facilities.
- Comprehensive test plans will address project risk, timing and project and consumer expectations.
- Applies the principles of data management, statistics and experimental design to define and execute testing and validation plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging or related field required. Additional experience preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience preferred in packaging development roles of increasing responsibility, ideally in high-volume food or consumer goods
- Familiarity with variety of packaging materials and technologies and manufacturing processes strongly preferred.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and unexpected requests.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest and aptitude for technology
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Must be able to lift product cases unassisted at plant trials and preparing pallets for testing (min 25lbs. unassisted)
- Must be able to work on foot for extended periods of time
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.