Associate Manager Sales Operations, Field Sales Communications
May 15, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Associate Manager Sales Operations, Field Sales Communications will be responsible for leading communication to both Campbell Snacks Field Sales and the Independent DSD Partner (IDP) network on Campbell Snacks strategic customer initiatives to include New Item Innovation launches, Quarterly/Monthly Promotional Activity, Sales Opportunities and Incentives, Product Availability (Out-of-Stocks), and Key Business initiatives that focus on driving monthly customer financial plans. The Associate Manager Sales Operations will lead and manage content via the IDP websites, direct email communication, and on-demand critical handheld messaging. This role will be responsible for working cross-functionally – Supply Chain, Finance, Sales Strategy, Brand, Legal – to understand any impact to Customer’s key initiatives and build the relevant communication to engage and inform both the Campbell Snacks Field Sales as well as the IDP network. The Associate Manager Sales Operations will also align with the Associate Manager Product Availability to ensure product supply is readily available for new item launches. The Associate Manager Sales Operations Field Sales Communications will have responsibility for reporting back to key cross-functional partners where any opportunities for improved efficiency and continuous improvement exist to continue to build a stronger business relationship with both Customer and IDP network.
- Leads the monthly Customer Team and Field Sales calls to ensure Field Sales Teams are aligned to quarterly and monthly promotional objectives, upcoming promotional changes, key areas of opportunity for growth to include compression selling activities, as well as Supply Chain issues that could impact customer programming
- Leads the daily, weekly, and monthly communication to Field Sales and IDP network – customer resets, distribution opportunities, new item launches, promotional activity changes – via critical business applications to include SharePoint, Email, and Handheld communication
- Partners cross-functionally to ensure any risks to customer programming – product availability, new item launch dates, sales strategy initiatives – are communicated and appropriate action plans put in place to minimize disruption in service to customer. Communicates key promotional changes to cross-functional partners as necessary
- Informs Sales Leadership on key areas of opportunities for customer base
- Initiates, leads, and implements process improvement projects to improve customer relationships and field sales execution. Owns, maintains, and enhances process documentation. Ensures SharePoint content is relevant and current, and customer base is utilizing and maintaining standard templates necessary for Field Sales planning: Customer Playbooks, Performance Scorecards, Sell Sheets, Promotional Planners, and Customer Planograms
- Maintains superior communication and connectivity with Sales Leadership, customer base, and cross-functional partners
- Coaches and on-boards new team members
- Understand brand insights, customer programming, and supply chain end-to-end processes to develop and deploy customer communication and to improve customer in-stock position and deliver service excellence
- Ability to act as a first point of contact for the cross functional teams to ensure key business content is communicated timely
- Create presentations, scorecards and updates that are leveraged by all levels of the organization, including the Sales Leadership team
- Ability to collaborate, articulate and share insights that are meaningful and actionable to close gaps in distribution
- Look for opportunities to streamline and/or improve existing processes
- Plays an “influencer” role to impact and steer actions of individuals that s/he has no direct authority over
- Develops disciplined processes and techniques and responds to changing needs within the business
Minimum education required: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Years of Relevant Exp Required: 3-5 years’ experience in business/operations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Experience analyzing data sets and interrelated metrics that enable strategic decision making
- Outstanding communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to make decisions in an ambiguous/fast-paced environment
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.