Market Sales Leader
April 15, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
***This opportunity will be responsible to cover a vast territoy with heavy wind shield time; from Portland Maine/Yarmouth Maine/ to Concord, NH/ circling 101/ White mountains
We are building a competitively advantaged Campbell Snacks Sales organization with snacking talent, capabilities and accountabilities. Guiding our path to excellence is our Sales True North compass which reflects our values, who we are, what we do and the unique value we bring to the market.
- Who are we? – Indispensable partner that drives profitable growth as one team
- What we do – Grow faster than the competition every store, every day
- Unique Value – Build and ensure execution of great plans + DSMP (Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, Pricing)
- Our Values – own it like a founder, dare to disrupt, seek the power of different, do right and be real
Integral to this team is the Market Sales Leader (MSL) who is responsible for the growth of sales and engagement with our Independent DSD Partners (IDPs). The MSL will communicate sales, stale, service and merchandising information to IDPs as well as support the Zone Sales Manager (ZSM) at regularly scheduled IDP Forums to collaborate on operational matters with the IDPs. The MSL is responsible for establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with IDPs, retail store management and key customer decision makers.
- Execute distribution, merchandising and promotion priorities against targeted goals and in line with specific customer expectations.
- Regularly engage with IDPs, including through optional route consults, to identify and discuss business growth and opportunities.
- Periodically visit stores to identify service strengths and opportunities.
- Help to ensure that service levels meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Sell incremental placements, point of sale and displays throughout the store.
- Perform store required resets.
- Develop strong relationships across multiple levels of the retail store personnel.
- Establish, and maintain, call frequency on major retail chain supervisors to support sales and service levels.
- Collaborate across the organization to deliver results.
- Understand the consumer and customer variations across multiple classes of trade. (Convenience, Mass, Grocery and Drug, etc.)
Independent DSD Partner (IDP) Engagement
- Regularly engage with IDPs, including through optional joint business meetings, route consults, and various other optional business engagement activities, to identify and discuss business growth, opportunities and challenges.
- Manage use of resources and technology to help support the IDPs’ independent operations.
- Share market information with IDPs and collaborate with them on problems and opportunities.
- Inspire new IDPs through effective early engagement procedures and activities.
- Conduct physical inventories periodically.
- Act as key liaison between ZSM and IDP.
- Help identify potential future IDPs for open routes.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with independent third parties through regular engagement (IDPs, retailers, etc.)
- Deliver gross revenue target
- Contribute to ACV display gains in key accounts and region geography
- Selling and negotiation skills
- Leverage technology to make informed business decisions
- Establish strong selling relationships with key retailers and divisional leaders of top accounts within zone
- Temporarily operate a route on an emergency basis
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Years of relevant experience: 0-3
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated and effective team member
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Problem solving skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Leadership skills
- Experience with technology and ability to learn iPad business applications
- Working knowledge of MS Office to include PowerPoint, Excel. and Outlook
- Travel out side of territory on business needs
- Must be able to relocate as required
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.