Cloud & Automation Engineer
March 14, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Cloud and Automation Engineer will design and implement new solutions leveraging public cloud technologies to meet Campbell’s business needs. He/she will also drive increased use of automation both in the cloud and on-premise to drive greater operational efficiencies for Campbell’s IT platforms and applications. The Cloud and Automation Engineer is an expert in the hyperscale public cloud, specifically Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services. The Cloud and Automation Engineer must be knowledgeable and well versed in the current and future capabilities of these cloud platforms to effectively evaluate their future or continued use in the Campbell’s IT environment for value protection and value creation. This role will support the Director, Technical Architecture & Automation and the IT Platforms Technical Architect in the design, estimation, and build of new and existing cloud hosting solutions for Campbell IT application needs. He/she will also own and manage the proof of concept process for test and learn activities when implementing cloud capabilities for the first time at Campbell’s. This is not an operational role but the Cloud Engineer is expected to play a key role in evaluating and optimizing cloud usage and spend to achieve maximum value. The Cloud and Automation Engineer also needs to be knowledgeable in infrastructure-as-code, configuration management, and other automation technology related to hosting, deployment, and management of applications in the cloud. He/she is expected to identify opportunities, in partnership with managed service providers, to drive automation in the provisioning and ongoing management of cloud hosted systems. He/she will also partner with Manufacturing IT Infrastructure teams to apply cloud thinking and automation to the management of locally hosted systems in plant locations.
- Design, estimate, and implement new cloud solutions as needed to meet business and IT application needs. Develop and implement the intake process, delivery procedure, and service levels for a newly created cloud engineering function.
- Catalogue existing IT processes and identify candidates for automation. Lead tool selection and implementation in partnership with the managed service provider. Implement automated processes and transition to operations team for ongoing management and maintenance.
- Own and manage the POC process for supporting Campbell’s IT teams in test and learn activites for the application of existing or new cloud capabilities to meet business need. Develop and implement the environment, process, and procedures for the Proof of Concept service inclusive of the transition from POC to project.
- Stay abreast of updates, enhancements, and new cloud services available from Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services. Research, understand, and evaluate the applicability to Campbell’s to lower cost and/or provide increased capability. Make proposals and recoomendations, with business case, for implementing new capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or related field required
- 5-7 years of related experience required
- Certifications: Azure Solution Architect (preferred) or AWS Solution Architect
- Expert on Microsoft Azure (4+ years’ experience)
- Experience and understanding of Amazon Web Services (2+ years’ experience)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (Azure ARM, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management (Chef/Puppet, Ansible, SALT, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- Ability to understand business requirements and develop solutions to meet those needs
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.