Technical Support Product Manager
March 13, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Lead the commercialization activities for the Bakery and Biscuit business units (new product development, line extensions, alternate ingredients, packaging material improvements, etc.). Coordinates the technical activities in processing and packaging in a fresh baked manufacturing operation. Drives the continuous improvement process; identifies improvement opportunities and applies appropriate tools to improve bottom-line results and enhance the Company’s competitive position. Delivers results in the areas of safety, quality, and cost. Develops the capabilities and competencies of employees through ongoing training, coaching, and mentoring; promotes employee engagement, empowerment, and teamwork. Ensures full compliance with Company policies and standards related to safety, quality and workplace conduct.
- Perform technical lead functions related to all new product development initiatives, line extensions, packaging modifications, etc. for the facility. Liaison between Product Development, Corporate QA, Corporate Engineering, and plant stakeholders (QA, Operations, Receiving, Distribution, Maintenance, and Sanitation). 40% – Function as a technical services resource on key manufacturing processes for the Bakery and Biscuit Business units. Develop and lead the technical training program for these key plant processes. Coordinate and perform technical training with key functional areas, including Managers / Supervisors / Leaders, Maintenance and Operations.
- Participates in Daily and Weekly Direction Setting team meetings as a resource communicating project status updates and mentor. Lead / Support PFMS and Continuous improvement activities in an effort to improve SPQDC plant metrics and deliver enabler opportunities.
- Develops and implements effective communication plans to keep direct and indirect reports well-informed regarding business objectives, results, initiatives, changes, etc. Ensures that the department’s focus is properly aligned with the larger plant and corporate goals.
- Manage commercialization activities at the Denver facility in both Biscuit and Bakery applications. Direct plant activities utilizing an organized testing strategy, managing the testing calendar and organizing needed resources, participating in plant trial activities, and compiling technical data in support of successful new product manufacturing.
- Develop and maintain a technical library to support key processes in manufacturing. Processes include oven performance and bake curves, MOLE / Scorpion libraries, cooling profiles, commercialization documentation packets, enabler and continuous improvement studies, etc.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on business needs.
- Must develop and maintain rapport with employees at all levels of the Campbell Soup/Pepperidge Farm organization to drive results. Must interface effectively with multiple departments/functions in the plant, as well as Corporate Product Development, Engineering, etc.
- Must possess the ability to train a diverse group of salaried and hourly employees, adapting training programs and presentation style to fit the audience.
- B.S. degree in Food Science or comparable technical degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of process / project management experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably food). Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Cross-functional experience with a proven track record of delivering successful business results in the areas of safety, quality, and cost.
- Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA standards, HACCP guidelines, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), etc.
- Ongoing passion to identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead initiatives to deliver bottom-line results. Must be a change agent.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving skills and able to formulate action plans based on real data.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). Must possess strong training/facilitation skills.
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). SAP experience is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment.
The working environment includes both office and plant floor settings. Exposure to industrial noise, forklift traffic, moving mechanical parts, and temperature extremes occurs in operating areas of the plant.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.