Technologist Packaging Development
Research and Development
North Strathfield, New South Wales
March 12, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Packaging Technologist to join Campbell Arnott’s.
As a technical subject matter expert, it is your primary responsibility to know and own the packaging specifications. You will need to project manage the technical feasibility and commercialization of new specifications as well as changes to existing specifications.
Apart from your technical skills, you are also required to learn and understand the environment where your packs compete in every day, acknowledge the key drivers and attributes that matter so that you can put your creative mind to work and identify new innovative packaging formats that can make a difference.
This role is based at our North Strathfield site and some inter-state travel may be required as part of the role.
Key elements of the role
- Develop and technically approve new packaging formats and changes to existing formats as required by the respective category strategy
- Support and coordinates all relevant trials and ensure all projects are documented and relevant systems are updated
- Identify and implement value engineering opportunities
- Operational support that require a change to packaging specifications
- Maintain packaging systems (Specifications, artwork, bill of materials, etc.)
- Learn and understand the retail environment where we compete and give input to the long-term strategies
- Participation in pipeline building and development based on strategic marketing plans
- Proactively strengthen key internal partnerships such as the wider Packaging team, Marketing, Supply Chain, Research & Development, Quality Assurance and Consumer Insights
- Establish and build external partnerships with Packaging Vendors to help drive differentiation and innovation based on defined pipeline needs
- Professional development – courses, exhibitions, industry networking, etc.
The ingredients you need to be extraordinary in this role
- Tertiary qualification in a science or engineering related field
- Diploma/degree in packaging development is preferred but optional depending on experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in FMCG or Packaging manufacturer environment
- Proficient knowledge of Packaging Technology
- Being able to effectively communicate to a range of stakeholders at all different levels
- Passion for our products and the packaging
- Desire to learn and understand that drivers that make consumers buy our products
- Self-motivated, go-getter with a curious nature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate technical concepts easily
So, if you want to take on a Packaging Technologist role in a fast-paced, extraordinary business, click on the ‘apply’ button below to submit your details to us!
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.