Associate Design Manager
February 21, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Associate Design Manager position is focused on the creative process and efficiency with a bias for action orientation. The ADM brings an experienced aptitude for managing creative programs and activities, design timelines, budgets, etc.
The qualified ADM candidate is intimately familiar with the design development process, has respect for design excellence and a passion for project efficiency and information accuracy. The primary responsibility is to manage the package design process from initial contact with Marketing through production, ensuring that the final product meets strategic brand and business objectives.
The successful ADM exhibits strengths and is a key contributor in five areas:
- Understands business needs and priorities for specific brand or line of businesses
- Acts as a guardian of commercialization and process excellence for the assigned brands (or lines of business)
- Understands specific project needs and pressure points, and then manages project activities in creative and customized ways to supports those needs
- Is a strong advocate for quality, speed and accuracy
- Confidently challenges conventional practices when necessary to meet objectives
- Reports to Senior Design Manager
- Strong cross-functional relationship with BPLs, Regulatory, Legal, Kitchens, R& Packaging
- Direct liaison to Brand Marketing and design agencies
- Manages design projects (including new package design, line extensions and adaptive packaging development), working directly with creative and production resources to maintain the effectiveness of the package design process.
- Guides creative development with an action orientation and mindset to ensure that all deliverables meet business objectives and continue to build & support the product portfolio.
- Leads where appropriate or facilitates key meetings with Brand Marketing (briefing discussions, project kick-offs, creative reviews, etc.) with professionalism and focus, insuring all materials needed to conduct the meeting are available.
- Develops and manages project budgets including negotiating costs with agencies to work within any budget constraints and tailor scope/deliverables to meet Marketing needs.
- Manages timelines in compliance with existing package design process steps to ensure design excellence and commercialization milestones.
- Coordinates with production resources to manage color-proofing, retouching and press checks for every project managed.
- Coordinates photo shoots with creative agencies and internal brand & cross-functional teams to ensure all needs/materials for shoot are available.
- Represents the Strategic Design team in cross-functional meetings to insure clear communication of design needs and deliverables.
- Participates and contributes input into weekly departmental staff meeting, including ownership of Design update documents to Senior Management.
- Insures that design solutions (from design through production) meet Brand Identity Standards and accurately and consistently fulfill the requirements for which they were intended.
- 3-5+ years experience in Food Industry Design Management or managing the commercialization process in a Similar Industry.
- Bachelor Degree is strongly preferred, though not required (Business, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or comparable)
- Strong project management leadership and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a multitude of projects simultaneously, and to ensure that critical deadlines are met while ensuring high quality and cost-effective delivery of services.
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, conflict and tight timeline demands successfully by using creative problem solving and design thinking skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge and understanding of photography, production, proofing, color separations and print
- Ability to work independently as well as within a cross-functional team to define problems and create customized solutions.
- Strong understanding of retail markets/channels and current trends
- A natural thirst for and commitment to quality and a focus on uncompromising level of performance.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.