Customer Sales Lead – National Broker Manager
February 21, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Customer Sales Lead – National Broker Manager responsible for National Grocery and Natural Channel Sales. The scope of the role includes both Garden Fresh Gourmet branded and private label businesses worth roughly $65MM in revenue. This role will be responsible for achieving sales revenue targets while staying within trade spending budgets for customers where a Broker partner is accountable for headquarter selling activities.
Provide direction and priorities to the Broker to ensure customer plans are aligned to deliver the portfolio’s overall revenue, profit and volume objectives for each line of business. Responsible for developing the annual operating plan (AOP), ensuring fiscal responsibility, and managing the P&L. Develops productive working relationships within all functions and levels within the Broker organization. Implements controls to measure and monitor trade spending and sales expenses. Oversees the execution of brand strategies and strategic category management initiatives across the Broker customer base.
Key Broker Management Activities
- Provide oversight of all Broker provided services for customer headquarter selling, business planning, business insights, category management, space management, deduction management and retail coverage.
- Establish annual objectives and create performance scorecards to assess Broker’s performance.
- Conduct Broker performance review on a semi-annual basis (mid-year and year-end)
- Keep Broker fully informed on all Sales policies and promotional programs affecting the Broker customers.
- Collaborate with Broker to develop mutually agreeable annual trade promotion plans and establish process for ongoing monitoring and adjustment to ensure no over-spending of authorized trade budgets.
- Provide oversight of back office sales support services provided by Broker (e.g. trade promotion management tracking, preparation of customer contracts/forms, loading data into customer portals, etc.).
- Establish annual in-store merchandising plan with channel/customer-specific targets (e.g. visit frequency, product display metrics, etc.).
- Attend customer meetings with Broker as needed for key Selling initiatives.
- Manage a $65MM portfolio with responsibility for significantly growing revenue of the portfolio.
- Drive accountability for results in the following perimeter categories: fresh salsa, hummus, and tortilla chips.
- Own channel strategy and co-manage channel and customer conflicts on the portfolio.
- Represent the Sales organization through the Sales and Operation Planning (S&OP) process to ensure AOP delivery.
- Lead the joint business planning process engaging the customer at all levels.
- Leverage shopper insights, category management and revenue/trade promotion management to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree required – MBA preferred
- 7-10+ years Sales leadership experience in the CPG industry – direct selling experience required
- Experience managing a Broker organization
- Familiarity with private label selling and category strategy
- Strategic thinking and ability to solve problems
- The ability to influence without authority – specifically within a matrix organization
- Strong prioritization skills and business agility; strong ability to change and flex planning (resourcing, budgets, etc.) to optimize against opportunities
- Strong understanding of P&L drivers; strong financial acumen
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Travel: 50%+ within U.S.
- Work Location: Flexible
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.