Service Delivery Manager – Global Help Desk & Deskside Support Services
February 11, 2019
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Senior Service Delivery Manager, Global Help Desk and Deskside support services will lead and focus on managing the service provider entry point to all Campbell’s users seeking technology support and services. The role also leads office technology support and end user support for all our Campbell’s offices across the globe to include all acquired yet not integrated business units. This leader will manage a combination of service provider resources, onsite at certain locations, dispatched support to other locations, and employee-based support services to our executives in Camden, NJ. The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for the introduction of continuous innovation through automation of support services with our service provider. This includes operational improvements and execution across the globe, act as our service provider staff sourcing evaluator, and lead all metrics gathering and analysis. This Lead will operate as the key point of contact with the Workforce technology Architecture team and to other application and infrastructure support teams in identifying operational improvement opportunities. This leader will work with the service provider support teams and end user landscape and assess current processes, create the future plan with colleagues and our service provider, and oversee the execution of the plan to harmonize support operations across the globe to one service provider operation from level 0 self service capabilities, to level 1 help desk support, to 1.5 offshore support, to level 2 onsite and dispatch support.
Role Scope: Offshore help desk and level 1.5 support services. All deskside support services for all Campbell’s locations including acquired business units that have not integrated, plant locations and all international locations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in ITIL with first-hand experience working with and improving process
- Strong executive communication skills to listen and respond to executive support challenges and requirements
- Strong negotiation skills in working with the MSP and working in between the MSP and our end user clients related to ever changing needs and issues
- Strong collaboration / communications skills to achieve results through others and the ability to establish credibility with customers. Strong stakeholder engagement skills are a must;
- Must have good knowledge with functional and technical processes and disciplines for help desk services, offshore support services, deskside support services, executive support services, meeting solution and event support services, and remote dispatch services, having the ability to positively contribute towards the end user experience as well as service delivery processes;
- Financial management experience across managed services accounts;
- Analytical thinker with an ability to identify / resolve complex problems with feasible solutions / workarounds.
- A continuous improvement mindset and the ability to influence a MSP in the optimization of their services for the benefit of Campbell end users
- A strong competency in the various disciplines of workforce technology, and infrastructure to challenge, guide, and manage the support operation of the MSP
- Ability to work through cultural and language barriers of an offshore MSP
- Effective manager of employees
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the MSP in the delivery of transformation of our global help desk to a new modern set of offshore services that include innovative technology for Level 0 self-service, high performing and responsive level 1 offshore staffed help desk, and new level 1.5 offshore technical resolution team for elevated tickets.
- Manage the MSP in the delivery of deskside support services for all Campbell locations where MSP will place staff and all locations where the MSP will have dispatch service.
- Manage an employee-based operation to support our C-Level executives with their workforce technology, meeting solutions and large event needs, as an on-call service 24×7.
- Ensure all service levels and customer service levels are being met or exceeded for the services defined in the first 3 bullets
- The lead and focal point of resolution with the MSP of all end user dissatisfaction and missed SLAs for the services defined in the first 3 bullets
- Manage relationship with the end user customers, Campbell technical support teams, and Master Service Provider (MSP) to ensure effective service delivery and service levels are met for timely response and quality resolution of problems;
- Communicate across organizational boundaries – from project managers through to senior leaders; listening and understanding executive and employee challenges and putting together plans to rapidly improve services with the MSP and internal support teams
- Preparing monthly managed services reporting for both client-facing communications as well as internal process improvement activities, and work with the client and internal stakeholders to identify and improvement activities;
- Lead customer facing governance meetings, service transition activities and business continuity rehearsals for this workforce support service domain;
- Monitoring contract obligations to ensure compliance with roles and responsibilities, manage disengagements and achieve high customer satisfaction and trust;
- Continuously monitor service delivery plan
- Manage service delivery SLA achievement and high level of customer satisfaction; Continuous assessment of SLAs and customer satisfaction; leads service delivery improvements;
- General oversight over all resources (internal or MSP) involved in the end-to-end delivery process;
- Holds the ultimate accountability of quality and reliability of service delivery;
- Monitors and manages costs to insure accuracy and efficiency for services being delivered. Seeks opportunities to reduce cost via process improvements, automation, elimination / reduction in low-value services;
- Monitor overall performance of services and timelines to deliver;
- Good communication around issues and opportunities – get things done, make things happen with agility and quality;
- Removing all obstacles to customer satisfaction and / or financial performance;
- Own and escalate corrective action if service delivery is not meeting expectations;
- Work with the service delivery teams to identify and manage service improvement activities;
- Propose any amendments to improve processes;
- Ensuring MSP is aware of changes and are prepared to act. Align MSP account team;
- Build a respectful, trustworthy relationship with the MSP based on mutually agreed outcomes that continuously improve Campbell’s growth objectives.
- Engage with end users to determine service quality, reliability and ease of technology use.
- Work with IT, MSP and business partners to develop and execute work plans for system maintenance and enhancements.
- Conducts plan reviews and walkthroughs in an effort to communicate plans to other groups and to ensure the coordination and cooperation of all parties involved.
- Triage production issues with offshore help desk support technology and level 0 self-service technology
- Ability to document changes to the systems using change management best practices.
- Maintain a good understanding of upcoming changes to the platforms to assist with user change management.
- Ensure service delivery meets the business requirements (based on defined SLAs).
- Deliver a consistent process for incident and problem escalation along with resolution in line with the sourcing governance framework.
- Champion the adoption of level 0 self-service innovation and level 1 / 1.5 help desk services by all end users to ensure a standard and consistent method for support.
- Tactfully address and shut down any support services by-passing the MSP support model from level 0 – level 2.
- Collaborate with other IT staff, including networking, security, and data center operation teams, to facilitate effective issue resolution.
- Partner with the IT governance team on the effective implementation and then ongoing use of the ServiceNow platform as our incident and problem management solution for Campbell’s.
- Direct manager of a large employee-based support organization for the remainder of the current fiscal year through the MSP transition
- Post MSP transition, direct management of 4 employees and a total employee org of 12 across Camden and Bakersfield
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
Years of Relevant Experience:
- 5-8 years of direct management experience of MSP with Accountability Tier 0 to level 2 support for an enterprise service desk providing nationwide support.
- 5-8 years of experience implementing Operating Level Agreements and Service Level Agreements with associated metrics
- Primary leader of the end user experience of all technology support. The help desk and deskside service is the first line of support for all Campbell’s
- Working directly as the leadership interface to an offshore MSP model
- Ability to travel internationally to work with the offshore MSP
- Ability to travel to any Campbell’s location to triage MSP service issue directly with Campbells users and the MSP staff
- Lead the successful adoption of new help desk technology & service processes of our end users. They will no longer be able to bypass the help desk or go to their favorite support person. This leader is accountable for the successful transition and sustainment of this new support model
- Lead large group of employees and manages through a transition to a service provider
- Oversight and coordination of Campbell’s 27 Service Management Disciplines: Portfolio Mgmt of Services; Customer Relationship Mgmt; Service Domain Financial Mgmt; Security Compliance / Access Mgmt; Integration / Compatibility Mgmt; Availability Mgmt; Desktop / Output Mgmt; Network Management; Capacity Management; Backup & Recovery Mgmt; Configuration Mgmt; Change Mgmt; Data Mgmt; Performance Mgmt; Event & Escalation Mgmt; Release & Patch Mgmt; Deploy Mgmt; Workload Automation Mgmt; Service Level Mgmt; Service Catalogue Mgmt; Service Request Mgmt; Service Continuity Mgmt; Incident Mgmt & Problem Mgmt; IT Asset Lifecycle Mgmt; Knowledge Mgmt; SOP Documentation Mgmt; Resource Allocation Mgmt
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.