Marketing Manager – US Retail Marketing (Prego)
December 18, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Do you have a passion for uncovering deep consumer insights and leveraging them to drive demand? Do you have experience managing agency teams and creating a relationship that best taps into their creative potential? Are you comfortable navigating a complex corporate structure to identify key stakeholders and aligning them to help you propel your brand? Are you motivated by owning and delivering results?
We’re looking for someone that doesn’t shy away from a challenge and would like to contribute to the team responsible for growing an iconic brand to become the category leader.
The Marketing Manager, Prego will jump into a dynamic role that supports the marketing communications & certain near-in product innovation to drive growth behind the brand.
Key project areas include:
- Data-driven activation optimization: Harness the key performance indicators required to continually assess all in-market advertising, consumer promotions, and shopper marketing – and make necessary shifts to make every marketing dollar work as hard as possible.
- Brief & creative development: In partnership with the Brand Director, develop a Masterbrand brief that identifies the distinctive brand elements that should be leveraged & refreshed. Lead production of all creative assets.
- Product innovation: Lead the cross-functional team to determine, design, and launch line extensions for growing platforms of the brand.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Agency Management (30%): Manage integrated agency team; primary POC for ongoing status & project management
- Communications Strategy & Execution (20%): Develop briefs, review & align creative, produce assets, collaborate with media team
- Campaign Reporting / Optimization (10%): Establish & track KPIs and leverage the data to quickly make in-market changes to the plan
- Brand & Customer Planning (15%): Support strategic plan (3 year horizon), annual operating plan, and ongoing sales connectivity
- Product Innovation & Commercialization (15%): Lead cross-functional commercialization team, near-in concept development/testing, label design
- People Development (10%): Manage two direct reports (marketing coordinators) and develop them into business managers
- MBA Required
- 4+ years’ marketing experience; agency management a big plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; need to influence up & across the organization
- Ability to lead, motivate and collaborate across a cross-functional team of stakeholders
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks within tight timeframes and deadlines in a dynamic working environment
- Intellectual curiosity, comfort with ambiguity, sense of humor, stamina, proactive approach and work ethic appropriate for a fast-paced, growth-oriented team
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.