December 4, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under direction of the Maintenance Unit Leader, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the effective execution of all maintenance and assigned projects within the facility. Responsible to the Operations Manager for the efficient and effective use of all manpower and other resources under incumbent’s supervision. In order to fulfill these responsibilities in the most effective manner, incumbent is charged with developing the group of facility technicians into a well-trained, committed and inspired “maintenance team.” In addition, the Supervisor provides the equipment – related expertise and technical guidance normally associated with a facility engineer.
- Control of Job execution and quality.
- Identify and correct chronic and costly equipment problems, eliminate repetitive failure.
- Technical advice to Operations management.
- Adapt and Monitor the Corporate Preventative and Predictive maintenance program to ensure an effective and economically justified program is in place.
- Review of planned job packages for completeness and correctness, after which he/she makes any necessary adjustments and ensures changes are entered in to the CMMS SAP PM system.
- Ensures that no modification or change is made without a valid work order.
- Request overtime approval when essential, and makes overtime assignments.
- Ensures that technicians are given proper assignments at the start of the shift and are sufficiently busy during the shift.
- Ensures job quality by frequently checking jobs that are in progress.
- Confirms that technicians know the what, how, why, where and when of each job, thus providing opportunity for clarification.
- Coordinates maintenance between shifts.
- Assures that work in his/her shift is complete.
- Assures that the necessary corrective work orders stemming from inspections have been initiated.
- Provides written feedback into the CMMS SAP PM regarding follow-up work.
- Holds regular Safety meetings
- Controls Absenteeism.
- Performs other maintenance/engineering related tasks as assigned by the production manager or maintenance manager.
- Initiates and follows-through on Root Cause Failure Analysis (RFCA).
- Provides prompt reliable maintenance service as identified by the production manager.
- Manages labor time by minimizing overtime and keeping maintenance utilization above 90%.
Manufacturing issues need immediate, decisive and accurate resolution to insure the safety, wholesomeness, and cost effectiveness of our products. Line issues can become a severe challenge when dealing with sporadic problems. A thorough understanding of every process and the effects it may have to the product when functioning properly and improperly is crucial. This understanding, coupled with finely honed troubleshooting skills, is required to successfully reach the solution in a timely manner.
It is a challenge for the plant to maintain proper troubleshooting skills and familiarity with all equipment on the plant floor. Training requirements and schedules were developed to provide the essential machine knowledge for troubleshooting operational issues. Maintenance supervision was required to identify training needs for their staff and insure the ability to support the line during manufacturing.
- Minimum education required: BA/BS degree. Will also consider someone with a HS Diploma/GED and 5+ years of related Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Education desired: Technical Engineering degree: BSME, BSIT, or BSEE.
- Years of relevant experience: 2+ years of related experience with a BA/BS degree or 5+ years of related Maintenance experience, in lieu of degree, in a Manufacturing environment with some supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership ability required, preferably in a team based organization.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Allen Bradley PLC and electrical troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Ability to work any shift is essential to interface with technicians.
- Strong motivator.
- Good people skills.
- Ability to lead others.
- Good Mathematical Skills.
- Understands the proper use of the Work order system.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Able to give orders and hold technicians accountable without losing the technician.
- Monitors performance.
- Plant environment.
- Must be able to work all shifts and weekends as needed.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.