Senior Manager, Consumer Insights
December 5, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Senior Manager,Kid & Organic provides consumer/marketplace insights with particular emphasis on supporting the Full Force Growth Kid & Organic Business Teams as well as Senior Management. The Sr Manager actively enables fact-based decision-making through design and analysis of studies to address key business needs resulting in actionable business insights and recommendations. These individuals are skilled as a generalist in understanding business needs, design of syndicated and custom research, and integration of multiple sources of information to address these needs. This position is an important liaison between the Consumer and Customer Insights Department and multiple client groups within Marketing, Sales, R&D and Senior Management and is a key contributor to driving business results. Finally, individuals in this position will have the skills and desire to train and mentor junior and mid-level associates in Consumer Insights.
- This position has oversight of all base business insights activities for Goldfish, Late July and Distinctive Crackers, as well as holds responsibility for innovation work across the Kid & Organic business.
- Provide consumer and customer insight to drive actions of Business Teams, Marketing and Sales strategy.
- Their primary focus is on the consumer, context and occasion rather than the data. The data gleaned from custom and syndicated research is a means to an end to reveal consumer behavior. This person is maniacal about understanding and tapping into people (not just as shoppers and/or consumers.
- Provide marketplace understanding to drive and measure effectiveness of key business initiatives focused on future action rather than hindsight
- As a business partner, have a seat at the table and translate business issues into questions that can be addressed with output from a wide range of sources to drive business understanding; custom research, syndicated data (Nielsen and IRI), and secondary sources (e.g., Mintel, NPD), and custom research
- Design, execute, analyze and communicate learning and action from well tailored from custom studies with an eye toward action oriented, implementable business implications and resulting actions.
- Effectively interface and communicate key priorities/projects across cross functional partners
- Manage vendor (IRI, Spectra, NPD) relationships to support Marketing research programs
- Manage a budget within the assigned area.
- Simplify complex, multifaceted information to suit needs of business partners pending that varies given the need and the audience
- Establish and maintain priorities in managing multiple projects for multiple clients, with varied timing and budgetary considerations
- Provide training for direct report as well as mentor junior and mid-level associates
Knowledge and Skills:
- MBA preferred though not required pending years of experience. 7-10 years of related experience necessary.
- Very strong story telling capability; ability to translate data into actionable marketplace insights. Displays a keen ability to keep the end in mind when designing research solutions.
- Strong skill in both syndicated data analysis/design AND custom research designs and execution.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; ability to build working relationships across Marketing and Sales organizations, and to interface with all levels of Senior Management
- Knowledge of consumer packaged goods industry, with emphasis on food/beverage marketplace dynamics
- Desire and ability to quickly learn.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.