Category Manager – Walmart
November 8, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Category Manager for Walmart leads key strategic category management initiatives and projects including category, shopper, and retailer-specific insights to drive category growth. The Category Manager is responsible for providing leadership to foster an environment of growth and development. Additionally, the Category Manager is expected to play a key leadership role in the usage and development of tools and capabilities and to lead the modular relay process.
- Serve as a trusted Walmart Advisor/Category Captain
- Provide strategic and tactical recommendations to Walmart Buyers on Distribution, Shelving, and Merchandising
- Develop strong working relationships with Walmart Buyers and cross functional partners
- Generate and design compelling insights and implement them into action
- Serve as a mentor and leader to Category Analysts
- Manage the modular relay process including drawing modulars
- Understand and utilize systems and tools
- Analysis and reporting
- Work closely with Buyers, Replenishment, Modular Planning, Space Planning, customer teams, and HQ category management
- Ability to serve as a trusted advisor to customer
- Project management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years CPG industry experience, including 2+ years Category Management and drawing experience
- Previous experience as a Category Advisor and drawing modulars
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Robust communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong knowledge of the Walmart Modular Process (Preferably on Edibles and/or Consumables)
- IRI and/or Nielsen (Advanced Panel and Scan data applications and software navigation)
- Strong technical skills (ProSpace, Excel, etc.)
- Category, Consumer, and Shopper Knowledge (Kantar, Mintel, etc.)
- Problem solving skills
- Influencing skills
- Project Management experience and skills
This position works in a customer team office with approximately 10-20% travel required. Due to the nature of the position, modular work may require manual labor and heavy lifting not to exceed 30 pounds
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.