PR Manager, Communications
November 8, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
This role is responsible for supporting the brand communication efforts within Campbell Snacks, which includes 8000+ employees and generates revenues of $4.7B. The focus of the role is public and media relations, and external business communications for eight core growth brands including Cape Cod, Pepperidge Farm, Goldfish, Kettle, Late July, Milano, Pretzel Crisps and Snyder’s of Hanover. This is a very demanding, fast-paced position within Campbell that supports the Snacks division in communicating and creating impactful news and information that increases and protects the corporate and business reputation to ultimately drive sales and win at shelf.
- Drive new ideas and provide support for the strategic planning of public relations for the eight core Campbell Snacks brands.
- Provide counsel to brand owners across Campbell Snacks in developing public relations strategies and programs.
- Build and execute entertainment publicity opportunities for the core Snack brands, including helping to build engaging entertainment content, staffing talent on set and driving relationships with producers, directors and other members of the media.
- Planning and execution of targeted influencer and media events for the core Snack brands.
- Oversee the development and execution of results-oriented publicity programs in line with business strategies to increase brand awareness, drive brand objectives, and motivate consumers to take action and impact sales.
- Oversee and manage agency teams to design and implement effective and impactful programs.
- Oversee program budgets in excess of $1+ million to deliver agreed results for the brand and company.
- Provide issues management support which includes crisis management, product recalls, reputation management associated with brand spokespeople.
- Work cross functionally to drive internal engagement to ensure the success of programs, including collaborating with legal, regulatory affairs and consumer affairs.
- Strategic analysis of diverse media and development of a measurement dashboard that demonstrates clear ROI for all public relations activities that can be seamlessly integrated with other marketing channel analysis
- 8+ years’ experience in communications, media relations, brand communications, crisis communications, social media campaigns, product launches, consumer brand development, special events execution, executive communications and/or internal communications
- Experience managing multiple agencies and multi-million-dollar budgets
- Significant attention to detail. Plan and execute integrated campaigns, events, meetings on strict timelines and budgets
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills, including press releases, key messages, speeches and remarks, Q&A, etc.
- Polished and influential communicator
- Proven track record managing traditional, digital and emerging communication channels aimed at consumers and employees.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization
- Proven ability to deliver results through effective media and influencer relations
- Able to provide direction as well as work independently
- Technologically savvy with an in-depth knowledge of emerging and established communication channels
- Experience in issues, crisis and change management preferred.
Location: Norwalk, Connecticut
Travel Required: 30% in US
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.