Research and Development
November 8, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Pilot Plant Quality Assurance Technician executes and supports the daily quality control and assurance requirements, verification of critical food safety and quality parameters in the plant. Position is responsible for performing qualitative and quantitative testing of work-in-process and on finished products to comply with regulatory requirements which also includes Pilot Plant’s overall quality programs. Support pre-operation sanitation program and sample finished products and environmental swabs for microbiological testing and participate in investigation of nonconforming product incidents.
Quality Management Programs:
- Quality Management Programs-
- Serve as a resource to operation by maintaining as approachable and supportive relationship with plant personnel. Have a strong voice in support of manufacturing requirements adhering to corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Support and mentor plant operations through effective communication to comply with the plant’s HACCP (CCPs), food safety (PCs) and quality plans (CQPs) for daily production. Print and distribute daily paperwork in accordance to special batch notes. Records and reporting are to be maintained accurately and distributed in a timely manner to support process control, product release and customer support.
- Accountable for insuring plant’s pre and post operation sanitation related requirements are met. Participate in sanitation verification and validation.
- Responsible for oversee sterilization process to ensure appropriate process occurs and documented per regulatory requirements.
- Perform in-process and finished goods sampling and analysis sufficient to comply with specifications and standards. Follow safe practices and implement GLPs (understanding of validated lab methods, housekeeping, safe handling of chemicals and glassware, preparation of standards, performing daily calibrations, testing and data management).
- Serve as a role model for the implementation of the GMPs with the ability to evaluate and encourage others to follow GMP rules. Assists in continuous enforcement of GMPs, leading food safety, participate in problem-solving and continuous improvement.
- Manage raw, in process, finished product and packaging hold and release program, identify non-conformance and take or recommend appropriate corrective actions with in scope of knowledge. Manage incubation/ set aside program as per the special batch requirements. Participate in semi-annual trace exercises.
- Support execution of quality management programs of pilot plant, ensure procedures are in place to comply with Campbell’s and regulatory standards. Develop understanding of Campbell’s thermal process, HACCP and food safety plans (FSMA).
- Perform weekly swabs for Environmental Monitoring and submit sample to Campbell’s Micro lab.
- Participate in internal food safety and safety audit programs. Support annual SQF audit preparation, internal gap assessment and other regulatory inspections.
- Participate in training programs as required.
- Actively participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Actively participate in Lockout Tag out program.
- Perform monthly inspection of steel storage racks.
- Education Required: HS Diploma or equivalent
- Education Preferred: Associates or Food Science/Quality Assurance Degree
- Minimum 5-10 years experience is required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities preferred:
- Effective influencing and communication skills
- Work in a team environment and promote team values
- Ability to be self-directed through time and priority management
- Canning and thermal processing
- Accurate and timely completion of records
- Ability to follow through on commitments
- Background in food processing and quality assurance
- Problem solving/analytical thinking
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.