Cash Accounting Analyst
October 11, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Provides accounting and analytical support for Campbell’s cash management activities, long-term debt and derivatives portfolios and related foreign currency inter-company loan and swap transactions. Performs all daily cash management functions, including daily cash position, commodity margin analysis and request, payment creation, and communicating commercial paper needs. Responsible for timely and accurate closings, internal controls and supporting audits, and external and/or internal management reporting and supporting analysis. Interacts with many other business functions outside of GTS including Treasury, Tax, Accounting Services, international and domestic subsidiaries and other support functions regarding bank account and other system access, accounting and reporting issues and special projects. Also interacts with our banking partners regarding access and functionality and to a lesser extent fees. Assists in the analytical and/or strategic function including the development of operating plans, budgeting, planning, and forecasting.
Executes funds movement transactions, manages bank access and balances, and resolves issues related to cash management transactions, activity, accounting and functionality. Evaluates and assists with implementing cash management projects, as needed, which could include working capital, payment methods, integration, process improvement and cot reduction etc. Helps to design and maintain cash processes using a state of the art cash management system to optimize cash availability, including establishing cash management services with banks and Campbell locations. Continually seeks to improve efficiency and effectiveness of cash operations.
- Oversees upkeep of and change management for IT2 system and online bank systems. This function is an administration role and is a key control point regarding access to and functionality within these systems. Work with other system administrators to ensure accurate roles and responsibilities in both IT2 and the bank online systems.
- Manages the company’s cash and liquidity position daily. Includes electronic funds movements averaging $1.5 billion monthly. Prepares wires and ACH’s daily for multiple US and certain foreign Companies including Canada and Luxembourg. Utilizes Treasury workstation (IT2) as well as bank websites to prepare, monitor and analyze cash activity for multiple US and certain foreign bank accounts and to forecast future needs. Assists in preparing and processing daily banking activities and transactions. Reconciles certain Treasury and clearing accounts, including certain Canada and Luxembourg accounts, among the Treasury system, SAP and the bank on a monthly basis.
- Liaison with business units (PF , BH, Habit, Garden Fresh, Kelsen, Canada, etc), CSC support functions such as, but not limited to, A/P, A/R, Accounting Services, Accenture, Tax, Legal, and Procurement, and the banking partners regarding treasury and banking activity and inquiries. This daily responsibility requires research and analysis and often times follow up with banks, business units and accounting staff. Back up to Accounts Payable as needed to make late payments. Works with divisions to ensure that they have appropriate banking services and tools to support their business activities and that they are efficiently using the services. Provides a control function regarding account access through online and IT2 system review and management. Administrator with online access for all domestic Campbell bank accounts as well as Canada and Luxembourg. Monitors the credit union activity for the gym and the company store. Creates journals and reconciles the accounts. Works with Sodexo on the deposits made to insure we are accounting for the proper receipt of funds. Assists with the integration of new business units and value added project work. Responsible for the maintenance of accounts, parties, rules and repetitives in IT2 as well as the creation of such to incorporate the new companies, including set-up in Netting and In House Banking in IT2.
- Perform close activities, account analysis and reconciliations
- Works with A/P / Accenture to manage the US I/C Notes and I/C Netting process. This included but is not limited to uploading the payable file into IT2, reviewing output for accuracy and creating payments between Canada, all US Business Units, Finance and the netting center. Distributes reports to the appropriate users. Enter the USD/CAD rates into IT2 for In House notes, confirm the correct interest is being calculated and booked into SAP. Reconcile the balance in the 220 accounts to IT2.
- Assists in the completion of foreign currency intercompany loans and related cross-currency swap or forward contract hedges by confirming values with external bank counter-parties (usually Mysis) and foreign Campbell affiliate companies. Work with the FX group to insure correct payments are generated by the net FX deals in the IT2 system. Also insure the Cash Position is populated with the correct information prior to issuing CP.
- Enhances reporting for Treasury management on key bank metrics (KPIs) to better monitor performance and drive productivity. Responsible for implementation of new products and processes to improve Treasury management worldwide, as well as operation and maintenance of current systems (IT2 and online access portals). Assists in the management of cash forecasting process involving the development of processes, tools and systems to improve effectiveness and accuracy of the process. Responsible for identifying best practices and helping to implement those practices. Also assists in reviewing and analyzing bank fee management. Other Ad Hoc Projects as needed
- Ability to work under pressure due to daily time constraints regarding cash management and the monthly closing schedule.
- Ability to multi-task; ability to manage daily operational needs, address ongoing cash and banking issues and drive longer term projects.
- Ability to lay out data in a logical fashion, analyze data and draw reasoned conclusions.
- Organized and structured to enable the administration and access of many users across multiple business and multiple online banking systems and service areas within those systems
- Create /support the creation of accurate accounting entries for monthly closing. This is a necessity due to its impact on the general ledger and resulting financial statements.
- Ability to logically research and rectify cash and accounting questions / issues.
- Manage projects to improve systems and processes within the cash management structure based upon IGS initiatives.
- Ability to professionally interact with our banking partners on all operating bank issues on behalf of whq, business units and subsidiaries.
- Ability to make daily decisions to determine the input/output to our cash systems and to develop knowledge of all aspects of banking operations, especially regarding cash management.
- Ability to maintain and to enhances processes and systems in a large and complex cash management network
- Utilize accounting knowledge and analytical skills in preparing various reconciliations and schedules used to ensure accounts are properly recorded and internal/external reporting is appropriate.
- Bachelors Degree required; Accounting/Finance preferred
- 4- 6 years experience in Finance and Accounting
- Candidate must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of MS Excel , MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP, IT2 (or other Treasury Systems) and banking software a plus
- Logical mind with good analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with financial institutions and other third party service providers
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.