October 11, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Recruiter is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of local recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. The Recruiter will play a critical role in ensuring we are attracting and hiring the best possible talent.
- Develop and execute recruiting plans
- Process employee new hire paperwork as related to the hiring process
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties, responsibilities, compensation, etc.
- Administrative duties and record keeping
- Work with hiring managers on recruiting planning meetings
- Create job descriptions as needed
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting
- Aid public relations in establishing a recognizable ’employer of choice’ reputation for the company, both internally and externally
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads
- Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings
- Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates
- Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements
- Conduct prescreening interviews
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidential nature of human resources work
- Ability to interact with diverse employee population and with internal/external customers in an effective, professional matter
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials
- Good to excellent grammar and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, pro-actively resolve challenges in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact
- Ability to have a flexible schedule when business need arise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, or other related field and 2-5 years of experience in a recruiting role
- Valid California Driver License
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Proven, reliable work history
- Background in food and distribution Industries
- General knowledge of various employment California laws and practices
- Ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, and reach
- Operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.