Senior Maintenance Manager
October 9, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Lead a team of harvest and farm equipment mechanics and repair shop personnel. This person will oversee the repair, maintenance and logistical support of commercial and support vehicles associated with the harvest, transport and processing of a fresh product. Further, they will manage forklift and component repair departments who purpose is to provide direct support to manufacturing.
- Manage teams in preventative maintenance, equipment repair and troubleshooting
- Assist in coordination and prioritization of work with other members of the management team
- Seek out technology and methods to optimize personnel productivity and efficiency
- Analyzes business needs and new technology in order to make recommendations to management
- Guide the enhancement and development of JD Edwards ERP (and other) software to improve service, inventory and record keeping efforts
- Provide leadership and training in the areas of Employee Safety, and Skills Enhancement.
- Address personnel issues including: recruitment, disciplinary issues, evaluations and advancement
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to build a team, share knowledge and experiences with peers and play a leadership role within a group.
- Knowledge of general farm machinery and mechanics and how to maintain and repair equipment
- Able to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and fellow workers
- Able to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and conversions
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions in a systematic fashion
- Able to interpret technical instructions from equipment manuals and documented instruction sheets
- Able to quickly understand the mechanical function of machines and repair equipment
- Able to communicate complex, technical process information to cross functional groups such as Maintenance, Production, or Engineering personnel.
- Able to quickly respond to dynamic projects and workplace changes
- BS degree, (Engineering, or Technology based education) or 5+ years maintenance manager experience
- Must have a valid California Drivers License.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.