Associate Brand Manager
September 13, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated, is a leading provider of premium quality fresh bakery products, cookies, crackers, and frozen foods. Based in Norwalk, Connecticut, Pepperidge Farm was founded in 1937 by Margaret Rudkin, an entrepreneurial homemaker who began baking fresh, wholesome bread for her allergy-afflicted son. For nearly 80 years, people have relied on Pepperidge Farm for its fresh bakery and snack offerings. Among the company’s most popular products are Goldfish® crackers, Milano® cookies, more than 50 varieties of fresh baked breads including Pepperidge Farm Swirl™, Farmhouse and Whole Grain, and frozen Puff Pastry, Layer Cakes, and Garlic Bread.
The Associate Brand Manager is a key participant in the process to identify, develop and launch new products; development and execution of annual marketing plans (consumer, trade, advertising); independently manage brand volume forecasting and budgets; support consumer promotions; leading a multi-functional team (product development, logistics, finance, sales, package design, advertising, etc.); and perform on-going and ad-hoc brand results and analyses. This position specifically will support the $450MM Retail Sales Sandwich Bread portfolio, supporting and leading a number of exciting initiatives in the pipeline
- Work closely with a wide cross functional team to develop and launch new products (including product development, packaging and launch plans).
- Become the business ‘expert’ on assigned business segment for both Pepperidge Farm and competitors to guide annual operating plans and ongoing business planning, as well as volume forecasting.
- Conduct analysis of business results/trend and recommends approriate course of action
- Manage and execute consumer support for the base business from brief development to execution (including media, in store and consumer promotions).
- Handle fast-track customer timelines while effectively balancing longer lead time requirements as dictated by marketing plans.
- Lead large cross functional teams as well as external agency teams.
- Own business results and recommend adjustments to plans as needed to drive growth
- Bachelors degree. MBA strongly preferred
- 1 year of marketing experience, preferably in food and/or consumer packaged goods, either full-time or MBA internship
- Ability to deliver against key objectives and timelines.
- Ability to manage and work across a diverse, cross-functional team of professionals including brand marketing, sales and agencies.
- Ability to work well both individually and within both the cross-functional and brand teams.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.