Sales Lead – Rest of Caribbean
Coral Gables, FL
October 10, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Sales Lead for the Rest of Caribbean will manage all the island – countries of the Caribbean Region with the exception of Puerto Rico, requiring the management of in-country distributors to achieve sales objectives within the assigned budgets. In this role, the incumbent is responsible to manage multiple Retail distributors, co-packer in Dominican Republic and AFH opportunities across the Region. The incumbent will align Campbell’s brand/product strategies with the country consumer/trade insights to maximize business potential. Also, will provide strong leadership in the development and implementation of business plan with in-country distributors. Additionally, the role will serve as the trade specialist who works closely with the Sales Director and local customers to plan and implement trade plans and actions in order to optimize the processes and trade investments. The position will require frequent market visits and consistent and frequent communication to secure fair share of distributors’ resources to be deployed toward achieving Campbell’s objectives.
- Acts as the regular interface (market business visits) with Campbell Soup Company’s (CSC) in-country distributors and key retail partners. Works with distributor’s senior, mid-level management, brand managers (assigned to CSC’s portfolio), sales managers and retail sales account executives to create and execute the following: 1) Sales plan by key account and CSC’s product line 2) Customized Marketing program integrating Trade Marketing activities with Consumer Program 3) Robust Marketing Budget, and is able to: 4) Collaborate in the development of Key Account Retail Business Plan. 50%
- Develops and executes annual, quarterly and monthly sales plan which includes: sales objectives, trade marketing budget and profit (EBIT) targets. Works closely with Sales Director in reviewing results against plan and establishing monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives (top and bottom) with the distributor and key retail accounts to attain or surpass targets. Develops and executes a consistent and effective working calendar to include: market visits with specific agenda with objectives for the distributor and key accounts; weekly meetings with the Sr. Market Manager and monthly meetings with marketing and finance managers. Analyzes and recommends pricing strategies for different customers and businesses, ensuring profitability targets are met. 20%
- Leads and manages (along with distributor’s sales team) monthly, quarterly and annual key account business review with customer portfolio. Owns the development, execution and monthly review of results of Joint Business Planning (JBP) and Customers Trade Marketing Plans. Engages with all management and functional department levels with key accounts. (e.g., head and category buyers and retailer in-house trade marketing, procurement, IS, etc.) 15%
- Performs sales analysis to help manage portfolio, using sales volume and gross margin reports, makes recommendations to Sr. Market Manager, including forecast adjustments, trade funding analysis, and recommendations to improve promotional strategy. 10%
- Responsible for training and execution of CSC’s brand DSMP golden standards surrounding distribution, shelving, merchandising and pricing with in-country distributor sales force and merchandising team. Conducts periodic sales training seminar. Implements sales/merchandising incentives tied to sales and merchandising measurable objectives 5%
- Co-Owns the development and execution of Sales/Trade country objectives with a multi-country portfolio that includes complex and diverse markets with different consumer dynamics.
- Analysis of sales and financial data to improve and maximize business unit opportunities for each distributor and key retail partners.
- Works with Marketing and Finance across the LATAM region.
- Works with finance to develop effective pricing strategy that will generate maximum sales potential within the market’s minimum margin standards.
- Leads the implementation and execution of key account monthly/quarterly brand merchandising activities with the support of the distributor’s sales team.
- Scope: Sales with a total of approximately $15M in revenue and a Trade/Marketing budget of approximately $1M.
- BA/BS Degree Required
- Minimum 7 Years of Relevant Experience
- Proven ability to deliver results, proactively seek to create business opportunities and solutions
- Strong understanding of the food and beverage industry – preferred
- Experience in Sales/Commercial roles in Caribbean Region
- Experience in the CPG industry – preferable with leading non- PL Brands
- Solid capabilities in customer management, distributor management, trade management, sales operations and trade marketing
- Strong conceptual thinking / problem solving / analytical skills
- Experience in identifying and capitalizing on business opportunities, developing and executing short, medium and long term plans
- Executive / strategic selling skills – consulting and fact-based selling
- Proven experience in developing sales and trade funding forecasts, identifying relationships, trends and drawing logical conclusions
- Strong experience in developing integrated customer development plans
- Proven track record of working with a distributor and key retailers
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally (marketing, finance, operations, etc.) to improve key business strategies and performance
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to quickly prioritize and re-prioritize key actions and tasks
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal, and listening – in both Spanish and English
- Ability to lead and direct others
- Proficient in working with software program – worksheets, notes, excel, PowerPoint
- 40% Travel Time
- Flexibility to work extended time during project/planning periods
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.