National Account Manager
August 9, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The North American Foodservice (NAFS) National Account Manager (NAM) is responsible for leading, managing and profitably growing via aggressively acquiring new chain account business and expand business at existing customers. Customer responsibilities will likely include a cross section of both strategic and transactional business. Leading in collaboration with marketing and effectively engaging cross functional resources (culinary, marketing, product development, supply chain, and insights) is critical for success. The NAM must be able to think and lead strategically, both internally and externally, linking strategies between organizations and influencing all parties/functions on joint initiatives to deliver business objectives.
- Think and lead strategically, in collaboration with marketing and cross functional teams, to influence all parties on initiatives needed to develop and grow joint business objectives with our Chain account business.
- Develop and deliver impactful customer presentations & business reviews to positively shape customer strategy and provide insights & solutions for profitable growth
- Identify, prioritize, pursue and secure scale business with new customers, to deliver Annual Operating Plan (AOP) objectives (nets sales and profit)
- Effectively manage and grow existing business with Key Customers, accelerating both top and bottom line
- Utilize data sources to analyze and capitalize on sales opportunities
- Prepare and deliver effective sales presentations and contract proposals and negotiations with customers
- Leverage solution and insights driven selling strategies to establish and leverage multi-unit customer relationships, accelerating sales growth
- Deliver/exceed established sales targets and quotas on time and within budget parameters
- Developing and executing situation assessments, objectives, strategies and execution plans for targeted accounts
- Leading development and cross-functional implementation of growth driving Joint Business Plans with targeted strategic accounts
- Possess a strong working understanding of each customer’s strategy, organization, menu, Marketing/R&D, and decision- making process
- Must be able to think and lead strategically, identifying profitable opportunities, developing plans, influencing and implementing tactics to secure new/incremental growth toward AOP
- Must be able to effectively interact and build solid working relationships with wide range of levels within customers and NAFS-(President to managers.)
- Must be able to effectively collaborate with marketing and lead cross functional partners (finance, culinary, marketing and PD)
- Must possess high level of executive selling and negotiations skills
- Moderate level of administrative responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of related experience
- Strong track record of winning and growing Commercial Chain Account business
- Possess excellent selling and negotiation skills, written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical skills with ability to think and lead strategically.
- Travel required
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.