AssocIate Manager Finance
August 8, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Associate Finance Manager is a Finance specialist who works with the Manager FP&A to track all financial aspects of a customer sales team. Primary responsibilities include financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, trade management, and overall customer P&L management. This position will help provide insight into volume and trade drivers such as base vs. incremental volume assumptions and the overall impact on profitability. This role is to support the Company’s initiative to drive profitable, sustainable growth and will be a strong value-added business partner to the US Sales customer team.
Principle Job Responsibilities
- Fiduciary Control:
- Maintain and continually improve strong internal controls that ensure company assets are adequately safeguarded at all times
- Support controls specific to trade investment, ensuring trade rate objectives are met, or variances identified and communicated to ensure an understanding of implications to business unit and customer profitability.
- Business Management:
- Assist with development of customer sales and investment forecasts and annual operating plans within the corporate strategic guardrails
- Track Volume and Spending Operating Plans and compare to actual results
- Improve forecasting accuracy to drive cost out of the system
- Track, analyze and communicate team sales, orders, deductions, margin and profit vs prior year
- Manage trade marketing funding allocations
- Manage customer Cost to Serve model
- Review post audits and provide guidance to future projection(s)
- Lead the monthly close process for customer and communicate trade and sales changes to Sales Strategy and Sales Finance Leads
- Planning & Analysis
- Work with Sales Team and Revenue Management on ROI Brand Profit Improvements
- Work with Customer team on Incremental Funding Requests (IFRs) and validating P&Ls and assumptions
- Evaluate profit on promotional planning & post event analysis
- Partner with Customer Lead and Team Lead to analyze and develop sales solutions
- Provide ad hoc analysis as requested by Finance Management and as necessary based on the Customer business need
- Work with Customer Leads to increase their ability in planning and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree required (Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred)
- 3-5 years of equivalent experience required
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Basic understanding and experience with financial accounting, balance sheet / P&L statement and budgeting activities
- Strong decision making skills, integrity, organization, leadership skills, ability to multi-task, drive alignment, detail oriented, fiscally responsible and attention to accuracy
- Strong communication, documentation and client interface skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office and financial systems skills
- Highly motivated individual interested in working in a team-oriented environment
This position is based in the Norwalk, CT office and requires very minimal travel.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.