R&D Summer Intern
August 7, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
We are currently seeking students for a six-month co-op position in our Research and Development department at our a Corporate Headquarters location in Norwalk, Connecticut; located about 1 1/2 hours from New York City.
Our intern program provides students with an opportunity to contribute to activities within Snacks (cookies and crackers), Fresh/Frozen Bakery (breads and cakes), and Innovation to work on brands including Goldfish, Milanos, Swirl and Farmhouse breads. Students will be part of a team, and will work alongside other experienced professionals on critical project initiatives.
- Assist with prototype development in the lab and Pilot Plant
- Participate in and lead product tastings
- Effectively collaborate with immediate and cross-functional team members
- Lead project initiatives and present results to the R&D organization upon completion of the term
- Candidates must be full-time undergraduate (Bachelors) or graduate students (Masters), enrolled in a Food Science, process engineering, chemical engineering or related program
- 3.0 GPA or higher required
- Candidates must in good academic standing with their college or university
- Candidates must demonstrate an ability to learn quickly, and to be able to work well independently, in a team environment and on multiple projects
- Physical ability to handle weight of approximately twenty-five pounds
Start Date: May 2019
End Date: August 2019
- Norwalk, CT office, Research Labs, Pilot Plant and/or manufacturing plants (possible)
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.