Manager – Plant FP&A Lead
July 11, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Job Title: Manager – Plant FP&A Lead
Business Unit: IGS – FP&A
Functional Area: Finance
Reports to: Sr. Manager – Supply Chain Finance
The finance lead is a key business partner and leader to plant staff and the broader FP&A team. The finance leads responsibilities include the development of operating plans, forecasts, financial analysis and reporting and SOX compliance. Directs timely and accurate financial closings, internal management reporting, and supporting analysis. Enforce system of internal controls and ensure general ledger accounts are correctly stated and classified, and that financial reporting is prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The finance lead interacts with multiple cross functional team members both at corporate and within the plant.
- Directs and manages all financial and accounting functions for the plant. Leads annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, and the management accounting/reporting process. Reviews and advises the management team on all financial/budgetary requirements and develops financial goals in partnership with plant and corporate leadership. Ensures that plant goals and initiatives are developed in line with company values, strategic goals, and business plans.
- Support plant/corporate Enabler (cost savings) programs toward goal of flat to declining
- Provides financial leadership on all aspects of plant supply chain management. Effectively communicate financial risks and opportunities to plant management and corporate.
- Reviews control procedures over accounting and financial activities. Provides guidance to ensure that internal accounting controls are in place to protect company assets. Ensures an adequate system of internal control is maintained, and that general ledger accounts are correctly stated, maintains SOX compliance.
- Oversees preparation of the plants financial reporting. Analyze and report manufacturing efficiency variances and determine corrective action requirements. Ensures items are correctly classified and all reporting is prepared in accordance with GAAP.
- Support the mission of the IGS (Integrated Global Services) FP&A organization to ‘Transform the Way We Work’ through continuous improvement and streamlining of processes.
- Actively manages career development of direct reports, reviews performance, provides coaching and counseling as required to increase performance.
- Drive business analysis that includes short term and long term facility management.
- This position requires ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior management including Corp Supply Chain Finance, Plant Manager, Plant Staff, and offshore accounting services and direct other team members on the financial implications of business proposals.
- Strong technical and analytical skills including SAP product costing and strong excel skills.
- Establishes aggressive but realistic financial plans that are consistent with corporate objectives.
- Develops employees that will improve the talent level of the finance organization.
- Sustain a high level of competence and professionalism in a dynamic business environment.
- Facilitate the communication of financial understanding to business leaders.
- Ensure financial processes are adhered to according to CSC standards and best practices.
- Evaluate and communicate results of capital investment proposals (ROI) related to major plant initiatives to senior management.
- Work effectively in matrix environment, providing both financial leadership and hands on analytical insights.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- Desired Education: MBA or Graduate level degree in Accounting
- CPA, CMA a plus
- Years of relevant experience: 5+ years in financial leadership role including manufacturing and supply chain experience. Strong technical and analytical skill with solid cost accounting background. Experience with standard cost systems and integrated financial software (SAP). Strong business orientation enabling identification of opportunities for improving financial performance and providing decision support for business initiatives. Capable of reviewing financial controls to identify weaknesses and recommend corrective procedures. Hands on self-directed. Comfortable in an environment requiring day-to-day involvement in the details while remaining cognizant of the company’s long term objectives. Capable of creating development plans to improve capabilities of direct reports.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.