Team Leader, Kroger – Campbell's US Retail
July 9, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Team Leader, Kroger. This role will be responsible for achieving sales revenue objectives, trade spending objectives, budget and profit goals for the national Kroger plan, which includes all divisions including Harris Teeter. The leader in this role is responsible for the ‘US Retail’ businesses, which includes Soup, Broth, Simple Meals, Beverage, and Baby Food. Core responsibilities include shaping the strategic direction of the portfolio, providing leadership to direct and matrix reports relative to company strategies & initiatives and managing performance.
This Team Leader manages four direct reports, and is responsible for the center store, warehouse portion of the Campbell portfolio. This leader ensures the strategic joint planning process is in place and works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to remove barriers, build relationships, and drive performance. Aligned customer plans and strong communication are signature needs of this role so that customer plans are aligned to deliver the portfolio’s overall volume, profit and share objectives for each category. The Team Leader is responsible for developing the Annual Operating Plan, ensuring fiscal responsibility and managing the P&L while developing a productive working relationship with senior leaders at Kroger and with internal business stakeholders. This leader must implement controls that measure and monitor sales spending, sales expenses, and responsible investment decision-making while overseeing the execution of brand strategies and strategic category management initiatives across the portfolio. The Team Leader reports to the Vice President of the Kroger Team in Cincinnati, OH.
- Manage a $500MM portfolio with leadership and strategic responsibility for significantly growing the portfolio at or above the category growth average
- Lead the Joint Business Planning process engaging the customer at all levels
- Leads a team of seven people with accountability for driving results in major grocery categories including Soup/Broth, Italian Sauce, Mexican Sauce, Shelf Stable Beverages & Baby Food
- Must comprehend leveraging Shopper Insights, Category Management and Revenue/Trade Promotion management to achieve business objectives
- Partnership with traditional warehouse logistics and Supply Chain and DSD Franchise supply chain ensuring route to market on all initiatives to drive sales and profit
- Interacts with broker execution teams
- Travel, 10-15%, all domestic
- 7+ years sales experience in the CPG industry, including team leadership
- Strategic thinker with desire to disrupt & innovate
- Strong business, analytical, & financial acumen
- Collaborative problem solver with an innovative, challenger mindset
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Bachelor’s degree
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.