Customer Sales Lead, Albertsons
October 11, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Customer Sales Lead will lead the development and implementation of the joint business plans at Albertsons. Responsible for proactively managing, monitoring, evaluating and updating the overall business plan to meet all volume, profit and share objectives. In addition, incumbent is responsible for implementing Campbell brand strategies and tactics with customers by working closely with key decision makers and utilizing category management initiatives to drive customer decision making.
- Lead the joint business planning process and annual strategic plan with assigned customer(s).
- Manage supplier relationships on assigned categories.
- Utilize the Campbell sales planning and customer investment system to create optimal customer plans.
- Develop and implement trade promotion strategies and tactical plans with the customer.
- Conduct post event analysis to evaluate promotional volume, consumption, profit and spending results versus plan and leverage findings to maximize future promotional opportunities.
- Monitor and manage deduction balances and conduct post audits.
- Leverage shelf solutions to drive retail availability and additional product placements in store.
- Conduct category business reviews, leveraging loyalty and syndicated data, to discuss the state of the business, consumer trends, key business drivers, incremental opportunities, etc.
- Leverage Category Management resources and loyalty data appropriately.
- Knowledgeable of Campbell brand strategies and tactics and implements by working closely with the customer’s key decision makers which include buyers, category managers, and merchandising leaders.
- Utilize sound category management practices to proactively link consumer and shopper trends and opportunities.
- Lead the customer in the execution of category assessments.
- Develop and lead accurate monthly forecasts in order to maximize supply chain efficiencies by tracking shipments, consumption data and inventory changes for the entire team. Proactively identify potential risks or threats to monthly forecasts.
- Sell in new items to the customer and work with key customer personnel to achieve optimal distribution.
- Leverage Customer Marketing resources to develop and implement collaborative marketing programs in alignment with brand and customer strategies and track and monitor progress of new item and initiative development.
- Identify profitable opportunities to grow incremental volume.
- Work with local Advertising Company in Boise to Develop & Execute Shopper Marketing Events across all Divisions
- Assess customer’s competitive position, behaviors and strategies and understand how they align with Campbell strategic goals and determine appropriate investment strategy (use of trade, customer marketing, and integrated marketing equities) that will best support a customer’s revenue, profit and share growth.
- Develop & Lead a Team of Direct Reports
- Develop productive working relationship with key, decision makers within the customer’s organizational structure.
- Manage several key customer touch points.
- Manage trade funding in accordance with company standards.
- May be responsible for managing all categories or select categories, depending on the specific customer.
- Requires varying degrees of cross-functional interaction within the customer team (e.g., Finance, Category Management, Customer Marketing, Customer Business Managers, etc.) as well as with World Headquarter personnel (e.g., Integrated Marketing, Customer Development, Brand Management, etc.) based upon the size, complexity and strategic importance of the customer.
- Working knowledge of the Syndicated database & technical skill to leverage the data.
- Strong understanding of and experience with P&L management.
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree
- Years of relevant experience: 5+ years’ experience in the CPG industry.
Knowledge, skill, and abilities preferred:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical thinking and analysis capability
- Ability to pull/use syndicated data(IRI/Nielsen)
- Ability to negotiate
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to penetrate and conduct meetings at high levels
- Category & Brand knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of Supply Chain operations preferred
- P&L management experience preferred
- DSD Experience with CPG Companies
Territory: Position based in Dallas
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.