Manager, Production Partner and Talent Management – Campbell Creative Studios
June 12, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Manager, Production Partner and Talent Management – Campbell Creative Studios
Campbell Creative Studios is the ‘in-house’ agency for content creation at the Campbell Soup Company. We are a team of Producers, Graphic Designers, Photographers, Videographers, Editors, Animators and Content Producers. We directly manage a book of business worth over 10 million dollars annually and we advise on global all production budgets.
We are looking for a seasoned content production professional who can manage many of our critical production processes. First, we are looking for someone who can lead our production partner strategy and operations. This includes optimizing our global production partners to gain efficiencies and visibility into how best to utilize their services to meet our needs for quality, cost and speed. This role will also manage the talent contracting, payment, and estimating for our in-house produced content as well as our advertising agency produced SAG-AFTRA commercials.
Optimized production partner management is critical to the success of the Studio’s operation. Production partners are utilized for simple to complex video, photography, radio and print productions. The Studios also hire production partners for website builds, banner ads and email campaigns. Around 50 partners are managed mainly through a preferred partner program that this position will take the lead on executing and maintaining. The successful candidate will need to navigate and succeed in a highly matrixed and de-centralized organizational structure. We’re structured as a central hub of production but different cultures and geographic nuances must be taken into consideration as we grow our business and support.
This person will have an excellent knowledge of the marketing and advertising content production process and industry. They must be very familiar with the types of production partners and processes it takes to fully produce and distribute all forms of marketing content including broadcast television commercials, on-line videos, social media assets, websites, banner ads, email, radio and print.
The successful candidate will manage over $2M in talent contracts and must also have a superior knowledge of Union talent rules and regulations as well as Non-Union talent. They will have in-depth experience in: negotiating performer and Celebrity contracts, estimating talent residual costs based on brand media plans, talent payment, billing reconciliation, and music publishing. The Manager of Production partner and Talent Management will need to be able to manage, optimize, and suggest ways to maximize brand budgets, as well as provide consultation as needed to in-house producers, brand management, and agency account staff.
We are looking for someone who is a team-player, passionate, hard-working and goes the extra mile when needed. This leader is also someone who can listen, learn, and continuously strive to improve. This Manager needs to be comfortable in a corporate setting and manage relationships with senior executives, brand managers, agency partners, production vendors and talent payroll staff.
This position will work with all Campbell Soup Company’s Brands. (Campbell Soup, Campbell Snacks, Beverage, Pace, Prego, Pacific Foods, C-Fresh, Plum Organics, Bolthouse Farms, Garden Fresh, Chunky, Arnotts, Canada, and Mexico Brands.
This position requires an equal balance of strategic and tactical skills. It also requires limited supervision to be successful.
This position will report directly into the Director of Marketing Operations and will be working directly with Marketing, Finance, all business units, talent agencies, talent agents and all necessary business owners as needed.
- Manage key strategic production partners who are required to partner with the Campbell Soup Company to fully realize the benefits of content production in both a decoupled production model as well as a traditional client/agency direct model. These production partners include audio, video, TV Production, web, banner ad, email and production insurance vendors, and any other partners associated with all types of content production
- Establish templates for tracking & reporting of production partners and multiple agencies
- Identify new production partners that could potentially assist Campbell Creative Studios
- Responsible for procuring miscellaneous production assets including color correct packaging, video color correction process, additional editing services as needed
- Initiate Talent Payment for Union and Non-Union performers, musicians, and cast in broadcast, digital, and print creative
- Manage Relationship with Extreme Reach, Campbell’s talent payroll service
- Estimate talent costs and recommend savings opportunities across all commercial media platforms
- Reconcile payroll service billing and report talent expenditures to the brands, agencies, Campbell Accounting, and Finance
- Negotiate Celebrity and performer contracts
- Maintain excellent working relationships with performer agents
- Manage Music Publishing: Royalty Reporting Services for original music compositions in TV broadcast and digital commercials
- Track value of production partner management and cost savings of using non-union talent versus SAG-AFTRA talent
- Managing timelines to ensure we are aligned with our financial calendar
- Manage all production budgets for a wide variety of content productions in a decentralized organizational structure
- Establish our ‘ways of working’ processes for managing production budget with the Brand Finance teams within the various business units as well as the corporate finance & procurement teams Provide necessary production and trafficking services as needed to support the very busy in-house production department
- Provide production budget oversight, optimization strategies and consistent reporting for a fully transparent system.
- Experience identifying, hiring and assessing key production partners in a content production operation
- Experience in managing extensive content production budgets for a decentralized production facility
- Experience managing production budgets across all asset types in the U.S., Canada and Mexico preferred.
- Experience in talent payment, negotiation, and estimating for broadcast television, radio, digital, and print commercials.
- Knowledge of media buying and planning
- Knowledge of SAG-AFTRA Contract
- Understanding of television, radio, digital, and print performer rates
- Experience negotiating performer and Celebrity contracts
- Experience creating internal processes and procedures
- Experience working with SAG-AFTRA and Union Pension Auditors
- Experience working with large and small creative agencies
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong Communication and collaboration skills
- High attention to detail is extremely important
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
- Ability to work under pressure in high stress situations and meet strict deadlines
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in production partner and talent payment management. An expert at maintaining budgets, identifying savings opportunities, and managing performer and musician contracts.
- 10+ years experience negotiating performer and business contracts
- 10+ years agency and/or Corporate advertising experience
- B.A. Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Communications
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.