Senior Buyer – Packaging
June 12, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Under the guidance of the Senior Manager, Packaging, this position is currently responsible for the procurement of various packaging categories across paper, rigid and flexible packaging for all Campbell locations with an annual spend valued at over $70MM. The individual will ensure quality of materials, competitive pricing, market understanding for input materials into packaging, adherence to company policies, procurement processes and endeavors related to the operation of a proactive and strategic Global Procurement Business Unit.
- Execute and provide input for the category management strategies set by the Global Team for cost reduction or value enhancement that result in tangible benefits to the bottom and top line.
- Prepare and oversee monthly pricing projections and market conditions for all business units
- Drive robust category strategies across plant networks, supply base, and align with business goals and objectives.
- Evaluate strategies based on changing global market conditions and provide inputs during strategic sourcing activities, including internal and external analysis and negotiations
- Assess realized benefits from sourcing and develop improvement strategies and initiatives post-sourcing
- Stay abreast of leading edge purchasing techniques and champion the use of formal category management techniques and processes
- Continuously improve upon personal skills – adopting continuous learning and skill development and seeking feedback.
- Work closely with legal department to ensure all supply contract commercial terms are negotiated timely and accurately ensuring maximum value for the business
- Develop cost models to understand cost drivers and price transparency across all categories
- Develop a deep understanding of supply markets and drivers for key commodities and feedstock inputs
- Development of robust supplier business continuity plans and back-up supply options to mitigate risk to business
- Develop and roll-out Supplier Relationship Management Programs (SRM) with the appropriate suppliers/categories.
- Responsible for over $70MM of a variety of paper, rigid and flexible packaging for all Campbell locations with an annual spend valued at over $70MM.
- Ensure items are purchased in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Development of commodity components that drive cost within the packaging category and utilization of the commodity knowledge to support business objectives.
- Evaluate and purchase materials for our facilities at a competitive cost.
- Execute and provide input to strategy, manage and evaluate acquisition process (Sourcing, Developing and Negotiating) ensuring competitiveness and limiting the risk to Campbell Soup Company.
- Work closely with cross functional groups to develop productivity programs that deliver Enabler and Total Procurement Value (TPV) targets.
- Support Supplier Relationship Management programs that focus on Value, Quality, Service, Innovation and Risk Management.
- Subject Matter Expert of Global Packaging category specific information on spend, supplier performance, user adoption and compliance, standards and specifications and industry benchmarks.
- Promote value engineering analyses to support ongoing performance improvement and cost reduction.
- Develop and actively promote Campbell’s Supplier Diversity Strategy.
- Development and support of global cost models for packaging to share with global associates and create best practices.
- Commitment to the Campbell Leadership Model
- Minimum education required: Bachelor’s Degree; MBA desired
- Years of experience required: minimum of 4-5 years of procurement and / or related supply chain / CPG industry experience preferred
- Experience working with a Materials Management Software required; SAP Ariba Strongly preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills, decision making/problem solving and influencing
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Normal corporate office environment with global travel as required to perform duties
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.