Zone Sales Manager
June 18, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Zone Sales Manager (ZSM) is the leader of a team of Territory Sales Representatives (TSR). The ZSM ensures effective deployment in the marketplace and personal development. The Zone Sales Manager is responsible for setting the business strategy for their Zone and aligning with the region in establishing quarterly sales volume goals, stale targets and new item distribution goals. The ZSM establishes sales, stale and distribution targets for the independent distributor, as well as achieving AOP (annual operating plans) objectives.
- Develop zone sales strategy to achieve sales goals for the Zone and business opportunities to drive growth.
- Responsible for approximately 44 million dollar business volume.
- Increase levels of engagement for both the independent distributor and the TSR.
- Lead independent distributor performance and accountability including performance management of the distributors leveraging the BDS – (Business Development System).
- Utilize promotion performance analysis (PA Reports) tool to improve display and out of stock (OOS) execution.
- Ensure adherence to – (all Best Practice Standards). Ensure effective utilization of applications/tools (iPower / iPad) in order to provide up-to-date information on business trends, Top 20 and store level conditions and opportunities to both independent distributors, TSR’s and customers.
- ZSM directly leads TSR’s and provides direction, guidance, and sets expectations for TRS’s.
- Establish and maintain a high level of relations with independent distributors and with customer decision making management.
- Conduct high level compression selling calls with minimum of 10 customers per quarter.
- Develop route infrastructure and growth opportunities to include recruitment and JIP -(Joint Infrastructure Planning).
- Conduct JBP – Joint Business Planning session 2X annually.
- Conduct independent distributor consultation sessions 2X per week to review
- Responsible for route engineering, sales coaching/counseling,
- JBP analytics sharing, and market development idealization.
- As needed, account responsibility for mid-tier customers.
- Lead/Direct Team: Ensure weekly TSR deployment plans are in place.
- Conduct performance reviews as required. Provide coaching for personal development plans for TSR’s
- Managing complex route to market distribution model, distributor model and market trends
- Able to assess market needs and be able to deploy resources against business issues and demands
- Utilize iPower / iPad to provide up to date information regarding business trend
- Train, coach and develop new Territory Sales Representatives on processes and best practices
- Identify and implement growth strategies for infrastructure opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years field experience
- Exceptional problem solving
- Direct Store Delivery (DSD) route to market, warehouse experience a plus
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Experience managing a team/direct reports
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and effective team member
- Experience with technology and ability to learn iPad business applications
- Working knowledge of MS Office to include PowerPoint, Excel. and Outlook
- Travel as needed
Must be able to relocate as required if needed
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.