Manufacturing, Operations and Engineering
May 11, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Job Title: Cook
Shifts: 2nd/3rd Shifts
Location: Everett, WA
Reports To: Business Unit Leader, Cooking
Responsible for running the equipment that produces 500 gallon batches of soup, ensuring that all safety and quality processes are by performing the following duties.
1. Follows all safety procedures and wears all required PPE
2. Starts and prepares the kettles. Observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine.
3. Executes cooking procedures as outlines in recipes while adhering to the production schedule
4. Performs operations of machines, including troubleshooting, cleanup, setup, quality control, and waste control
5. Performs all quality and food safety checks, for example; cooking temperatures, viscosity, taste checks, etc.
6. Inspects product to ensure product is cooked to specifications to ensure food safety and other quality aspects as well as making sure that all aspects of the allergen program is maintained to prevent cross contamination.
7. Follows department escalation to ensure all major incidents are dealt with promptly
8. Ensures that all data collection is captured accurately, for example, cook times, quality test results, and temperatures.
9. Can be called upon to run the support equipment, for example, Lycos, Dishwasher, CIP skid, etc.
10. Organizes and maintains all equipment in a clean, sanitary, and organized manner
11. Works with team towards meeting cooking metrics to drive goals and sustainability of the teams, this to be done through resource alignment, planning ahead for kettle transfers, changeovers, looking ahead to optimize the schedule, empowering the teams to drive communication and tight tracking of loss through each process order
12. Performs all other duties as assigned
Required Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the food industry
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends
- Ability to learn system logic and operate HMI/control panels to teach products and fine tune equipment for minor and major adjustments
- Self-directed, able to keep oneself busy and flow to the work
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and internal/external customers
- Must assess at the required WorkKeys Skill level in the following areas:
The job requires regularly standing; walking; reaching with hands and arms; climbing or balancing; stooping, kneeling, crouching, bend, twist, or crawling and talking or hearing. Must regularly lift or carry small to medium sized items ranging from 5 – 36 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Regularly exposed to wet conditions; moving mechanical parts and cold temperatures. Some exposed to chemicals when performing sanitarian/ clean up duties. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.