Category Management Lead, Walmart
April 13, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Category Management Lead, Walmart (Sr Category Manager) manages the modular relay process including the drawing of modulars.
- Advisorship of a key category at Walmart responsible for providing strategic and tactical recommendations to Walmart buyers on the Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, and Pricing to improve category performance.
- Develops strong working relationships with Walmart’s Buyers and Walmart cross functional partners.
- Responsible for generating and designing compelling category, shopper, and consumer insights.
- Provides support to Walmart Buyers in developing an integrated category strategy.
- Interacts with cross-functional teams to provide strategic actionable insights based on market data analysis and insights.
- Develops communication strategy to implement key research insights into plans at the customer level.
- Provides input into customer planning cycle based on knowledge of category and shopper trends, competitive issues, etc.
- Serve as a mentor and leader to other Category Managers and/or Category Analysts on the team.
- Works closely with cross-functional groups including Buyers, Replenishment, Modular Planning, Space Planning, customer teams, and HQ category management.
- Ability to serve as a trusted advisor to customer.
- Project management skills
- Ability to lead a team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years CPG industry experience, including 3+ years Category Management and drawing experience
- Previous experience as a Category Advisor and drawing modular
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details
- Robust communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong knowledge of the Walmart Modular Process (Preferably on Edibles and/or Consumables)
- IRI and/or Nielsen (Advanced Panel and Scan data applications and software navigation)
- Strong technical skills (ProSpace, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Category, Consumer, and Shopper Knowledge (Kantar, Mintel, etc.)
- Problem solving skills
- Influencing skills
- Project Management experience and skills
- Previous people management experience
This position works in a customer team office with approximately 10-20% travel required. Due to the nature of the position, modular work may require manual labor and heavy lifting not to exceed 30 pounds.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.