Sr. Demand Planner
April 12, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Sr. Demand Planner creates, reviews, publishes, and refines demand forecasts across multiple hierarchies to deliver high-quality and consistently improving demand projections to ensure the right product, at the right place, at the right time. This role leads the demand steps within the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process and drives alignment with cross-functional partners such as sales, marketing, finance, and supply chain to achieve world class forecast accuracy and bias which supports a coordinated service level and inventory strategy with supply planning. The Sr. Demand Planner has product line responsibility within the business unit that s/he supports. The duties include: working with marketing, sales, and logistics to understand the drivers of demand and forecasting implications of activities, working with the Supply and Procurement teams to support case fill and inventory objectives, as well as, to bring visibility to long term forecasts for capacity, raw material and commodity procurement, and playing a key role to develop and execute the strategic direction for objectives in improving forecast accuracy and bias.
- Leads the monthly forecasting process for several product lines within the business unit s/he supports aimed at delivering high-quality and consistently improving demand visibility to ensure the right product, at the right place, at the right time. Manages the forecasting performance review process by monitoring forecast metrics and adjusting statistical models and market intelligence accordingly. Collects market intelligence (customer events, pricing actions, competitive insights) from cross functional participants and leverages judgement to improve forecasts accordingly.
- Leads the Demand Step of the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process by providing process governance and by delivering monthly consensus forecasts within the business unit s/he supports, as well as, supports the development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) volume projection. Develops and ensures compliance with common templates for key stakeholders within the IBP process. Ensures that there is a reasonable and effective plan in place to link all key sources including Supply and Finance stakeholders.
- Coordinates the inter-functional resolution of day to day challenges related to demand and supply discrepancies and plays a leadership role in ensuring that there is effective “lessons learned” documentation. Ensures that significant unexpected out of stock situations are reviewed and resolved with participation from key functional areas. Ensures that action plans on key day to day exceptions situations are communicated to appropriate stakeholders.
- Initiates, leads, and implements process improvement projects in partnership with the Center of Excellence to improve forecast accuracy and bias results. Owns, maintains, and enhances process documentation.
- Develops forecasts for new items with key cross-functional inputs and collaborates with Supply Planners to develop and execute strategies for new items and items to be transitioned or discontinued.
- Coaches and on-boards new team members.
- Maintains superior data quality by ensuring that the data sources (Sales, IT, and Financial systems) are under control and in a continuous improvement stage. Ensures that planning software interfaces and parameters maintenance have been documented and reasonable processes developed. Administers appropriate product, customer, and location hierarchy as well as other forecasting model parameters.
- Develops item, location, weekly forecasts for a 24 month rolling horizon for a subset of brands using historical trends, customer intelligence, and other demand drivers which provides a signal for the broader organization.
- Plays an “influencer” role to impact and steer actions of individuals that s/he has no direct authority over.
- Interprets complex data to provide analysis, forecast perspective, and conclusions in a meaningful format.
- Minimizes inconsistencies in information as this position works between and within numerous platforms to obtain all required information to manage the business, e.g., SAP, Terra Technology, WMS, and various reporting tools.
- Develops disciplined processes and techniques and responds to changing needs within the business.
- Addresses planning/forecasting related issues that the manufacturing plants or stakeholders bring to the table, evaluating the problems, and finding the best course of action.
- This position is often challenged with testing highly complex, new software for functionality, while still completing everyday job assignments.
- Leads the organization to Best-in-Class IBP standards that are benchmarkable against world class companies.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Business/Supply Chain discipline or related field preferred. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in supply chain planning or comparable analytical role required.
- Consumer products industry experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office skills, including Excel. MS Access skills or aptitude to quickly learn is important.
- Manugistics Demand Planning, SAP, or other Supply Chain planning software experience preferred.
- Proven ability to work effectively with cross functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, conflict management, and negotiating skills; ability to influence and drive consensus.
- Normal office environment with expected travel less than 10%.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.