Senior Program Manager
Research and Development
Huntingwood, New South Wales
North Strathfield, New South Wales
April 12, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
- All the biscuits you can eat!
- Futuristic and unrestricted thinking- someone who pushes the boundaries
- Huntingwood location, with parking onsite
A little about us
Here at Campbell Arnott’s our passionate people bring to life all your favorite and cherished biscuits and soups daily. Through our talented employees and teams, we deliver our brand promise; there is no substitute for quality. This and more awaits you in the Campbell Arnott’s R&D team where an opportunity now exists for a Senior Program Manager.
The Program Manager Sweet is a key role in the Arnotts PD team and is responsible for leading the product development team in a variety of projects.
This person should be experienced with upfront concept and platform development and be comfortable with the ambiguity of that work. Then they must guide their team in the implementation of the projects, ensuring great food is delivered to shelf and consumers. The sweet category program will include breakthrough projects and also value engineering, optimising quality and consumer desired elements whilst reducing costs and inefficiencies that do not add value.
This Program Manager must be a scientific thinker, with a curiosity for what processes do to ingredients and product and also for what consumers want and why. They should have exceptional interpersonal skills, be a good situational manager to get the most out of their team. They must be able to set clear direction and be empowering to their team. Strong partnerships must be built with Marketing, within R&D, and with Supply Chain partners to collaboratively deliver innovation and also cost-saving, cap-ex and product transfer projects.
This role requires working effectively with cross-functional teams (Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality, Marketing, Sensory, Packaging) with a strong focus on delivering business results. Strategic relationships with partners and stakeholders with be crucial, as well as strong communication and influencing skills. A collaborative working style would help them succeed in this role.
This role will report to R&D Director Treating Arnott’s and will sit on the Arnotts PD Leadership Team.
Key elements of the role
- Lead product development team of 4 people for Sweet Biscuits, and support the development of new, improved products, technologies, and processes
- Build strong partnerships with commercial team and R&D partners to ensure implementation of strategy into plans, including building of strong consumer focused propositions
- Partner with Arnott’s R&D plants to solve critical issues and trouble-shooting of manufacturing of new and existing sweet product
- Manage resource allocation for the best ROI and building and developing your team
- Drive a scientific and engineering culture through the team to resolve issues and/or implement new technologies
- The management of multiple stakeholders throughout the business through influencing and engagement of stakeholders
- Drive strong business partnership across the Arnott’s business to facilitate an integrated approach to the R&D program
The ingredients you need to be extraordinary in this role
- Degree qualified (Food or Chemical Engineering or Food Science desirable)
- A Process Engineer, Food Technologist or similar background with experience managing teams
- Demonstrated Scientific/ Technical leadership with the ability to create direction and empower team members
- Solid records of delivering outcomes that have added value to the business
- Proven track record of successful innovation delivery and project management
- Creativity and a passion for food and science
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and build strong relationships with varied stakeholders
- Good Interpersonal skills along with good verbal and written communication skills (presentation skills)
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.