Sr Program Quality Manager
Research and Development
March 13, 2018
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Sr Program Quality Manager is responsible for leading & managing the Quality commercialization process across all manufacturing facilities for all new projects for various businesses, Innovation, as well as the expansion of International Business. In addition the person is responsible for Enablers and Consumer complaints for all Businesses & Plants. The individual identifies any food safety / quality risks, gaps and opportunities for new products, enablers, reformulations, programs, processes & systems. Person plays a critical role in developing all documentation needed for plants & regulatory such as food safety / quality risk assessments, formula approval, specifications, on line sampling, checks, defect standards & training to ensure high level Quality. This position is the Quality interface to R&D, Supply Chain, Plants, Marketing & Sales, Legal, etc. This position will lead and manage the entire range of Growth & Innovation from a Quality perspective, and ensure the Business Quality Policies and CSC Global Quality Policies are adhered to. Position has specific compliance, process, and consumer quality responsibilities for all business Manufacturers. Position will influence senior management on alignment of Quality strategies, Quality annual objectives, and Plant project plans. This position leads the Quality strategy development and implementation. Individual will direct and deploy Quality Assurance programs across Businesses plants, and functional areas, and influence plant leadership with quality best practices.
- Lead the prevention and resolution of potential or emerging critical incidents involving food safety, security, or regulatory compliance failures involving finished product which has entered or is being introduced into commerce, and/or operational or product issues that could result in consumer harm, damage to property, including Company assets, regulatory action, liability or media exposure.
- Develop, drive, and continually improve comprehensive Commercialization food safety & quality plans, consistent with business, consumer and QA needs.
- Lead the growth & innovation product development process by defining requirements for flawless new product launches. Identify Food Safety & Quality Gaps and exposure. Provide training to Corporate & Plant teams.
- Lead corporate product review programs, provide summarized reports and action plans .
- Strong Partnership & linkage with PD, Marketing, and Operations on new product commercialization, consumer satisfaction & enablers programs.
- Develop improvement strategies to help meet food safety & quality objectives.
- Provide insight and support in the development and implementation of appropriate plant performance tracking measures KPI’s. Provide direction & support to plant and corporate problem solving teams, apply statistical and designed of experiment tools.
- Facilitation & Technical Lead for the analysis of consumer trends and data, consumer complaint programs,outline comprehesive plans to improve Consumer Satisfaction.
- Lead Consumer Complaint Reduction Charter programs.
- Drive organizational vitality through providing leadership and coaching to Product Development/Technology/Business Development, and Quality Staff members within organization and at all Manufacturing plants. Delegate decision making when appropriate and hold team members accountable for individual performance.
- Influence senior management to ensure alignment of quality strategies, annual objectives, and project plans.
- Ability and skills to objectively lead, collect data, assess the situation, separate facts from sound bites and make sound risk based decisions balancing stakeholder needs and protecting the equity.
- Responsible for new or changes in regulations on specifications, procedures, quality, and supply plans both domestic and international, and implications where utilized in a range of finished product (examples; GMO, ingredients from China).
- Trouble shooting quality issues across the Corporate & Pepperidge Farm plants: supply chain for ingredients, packaging, materials, and finished product supplied, and processed, non conformance (allergen risk & foreign material, microbiological risk management).
- Develop and implement training processes and modules to provide quality management and plants valuable skills in Commercialization Process & Quality systems.
- Ensure the complete integration and proper utility of the Optiva/PLM (or similar), stage gating process of R&D/QA documentation across R&D/QA and Manufacturing.
- Responsible to partner with CCID, PD & Sensory to ensure proper consumer testing from a Quality perspective.
- Define requirements for all R&D plant testing plans for new products, renovation & enablers. Test plans shall include quality attributes & capability studies.
- Minimum BS Food Science (or related discipline),
- Minimum of 15+ years of food industry experience with demonstrated achievement in leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert abilities and decision making for Food Safety, Regulatory, and Quality nonconformance issues.
- Strong Knowledge with respect to Food Safety, Regulatory, Quality Systems, and their application within food & packaging raw materials and finished product processing.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with urgency via prioritization and program management skills.
- Strong knowledge in Legal & Regulatory requirements with emphasis on food safety risks and incident mitigation.
- Capable of influencing development steps used in the Innovation and Commercialization process to leverage Design in achieving consumer safety and quality objectives (example; Food Safety Assessment), drives improvement of consumer based specifications.
- Knowledge in Sanitation and GMP Practices, familiarity with Pest Control programs and techniques.
- Knowledge of Quality Standards, Systems, and Quality Policies, with skills and ability to execute against requirements.
- Strong knowledge and general business acumen to support and influence Manufacturing, including best practices and innovative technologies.
- Knowledgeable in industry Food Safety/Quality audit practices, and skilled in adapting to achieve business best practices.
- Capable of engaging other businesses unit quality in development and standardization of; Quality manuals, policies, procedures, and data templates, audit standards and procedures, and Quality Key Performance Indicators.
- Knowledgeable in Statical Process Control programs, Design of Experiment and Process capability studies
- Ensures plant personnel & staff are technically capable of handling non-routine quality system issues and that issues are investigated, documented, and resolved.
- Ability to drive organizational alignment on Quality objectives with an enterprise-wide mindset, and the adaptation of structure, processes, and systems to achieve objectives.
- Record of leadership and demonstrated success in collaborative development, decision making, documentation, planning, and implementation and continuous improvement of quality systems.
- Assertive, Outspoken, yet collaborative. Demonstrated skills influencing components of the company, tough-mindedness, vision, and political savvy to manage internally and externally.
- Dedicated work habits, takes initiative, sets high standards
- Ability to manage, coach and develop people, talent and skills.
- Ability to demonstrate & execute against leadership behaviors.
- Strong business partnering and relationship management skills
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.